LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in an accident already!!

Just bought my 04 m6 metallic blue GTO 2 weeks ago, a kid in a f150 pulled out infront of me! $3,400 in damage! front bumper, fender and hood destroyed! But I had just ordered the banshe ram air hood so now insurance will pay for it. Any ideas how easy it will be to get the parts for the car? Since it is new will it be more difficult?

Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bought my 04 m6 metallic blue GTO 2 weeks ago, a kid in a f150 pulled out infront of me! $3,400 in damage! front bumper, fender and hood destroyed! But I had just ordered the banshe ram air hood so now insurance will pay for it. Any ideas how easy it will be to get the parts for the car? Since it is new will it be more difficult?

Thanks

Ed

·
3,327 Posts
It took one member nearly 3 months to get all the parts and the car back from the body shop. That was back in January though, so parts availibility may not take as long.

How many miles? That sucks. Maybe his Ford was jealous.....

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
It's ALWAYS a flippin Ford

·
1,263 Posts
emm said:

Thanks

Ed
Damn emm, so sorry to hear that. So soon to. I don't know about the parts. I hope all goes well for you.

·
3,327 Posts
I doubt it will be 3 months, but you never know. Sounds like quite a bit of damage.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
EMM, any particular reason for the cross posting? You've started 3 separate threads on this.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Must have spooked the F150 when it saw the goat. :gr_jest:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
emm said:
Sorry for the multiple posts, I wasn't sure which forum to post under
most people on the forum use the "new post" button. this will show all new posts since your last visit from ALL forums. so you only need to post once. and almost everybody will see it.

·
3,327 Posts
emm said:
Sorry for the multiple posts, I wasn't sure which forum to post under
If you do not mind, it is just here now. I merged the thread from the GTO order/TPW thread, so now there is only one.

Oh, and EMM, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The shop I brought it to, wanted me to leave it there so he can compare the insurance quote with the damage they find, and said they should be done within 2 weeks. even though they haven't ordered the parts! Does this sound right? Can he get the parts in a few days?

·
3,327 Posts
Maybe. There have been several cars that we know of with damage around here. The first one that I talked about was back in January (member's name is Tiggerfan), and there were just a few cars in the US at that time. Parts may be easier to come by now, especially since you do not need to wait for a factory hood.

Here is a link to the one I was talking about:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
emm - sorry about your accident. Hopefully they get you all fixed up pretty quick...I have one concern for you though - some of the people that were in one accident in the GTO were in another soon after getting it back...So be EXTRA careful once you get her back...And if you see a Ford, RUN!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Welcome to the board, EMM. Sorry for your cruncher. Hope no one was injured. Tiggerfan was our first casualty, and I think we set a record at the time for the longest thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had an accident with similar damage back in March. It took about 2 - 3 weeks to get the parts, but this was primarily because the parts were not in the Pontiac Inventory Database.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts