LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm on elgin ohare expressway at a stop light, turns green this accord V6 takes off at that point I figured he wanted to race, he gets a quick car length on me (damn TC) so I reel him in by 5500rpm in 2nd. gear. He still wanted more so made a easy shift in 3rd. and took a car length on him, no sweat.

I think it started out he wanted to get in my lane from the stop light so he WOTed it then when he noticed I was up for a race he tried to go for it, any lesser person would have just slowed down.

He did the ricer fly by, but if all along he just wanted to get in my lane why didnt' he just slow down I would have figured it out :sneaky: he was peeved and looked like he wanted a rematch, the 1/4 mile doesn't give morons a head start, I think he thought he had a chance at a 2nd round.

End of story
ACCORD V6 was killed, not the fastest car but not the slowest but is in price range and features of the GTO.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Nice kill. Some losers just don't know when to stay down. You have to knock them down a couple of times till they get the idea. I love the Accord drivers in SoCal. They act as if their V6 will smoke anything on the road! :gr_jest:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I see alot of people mention the T/C
Thats the first thing that goes off after I start the car.
Nice little kill

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yeah, those kids drive around in their hondas like they are Lamborghinis or something. i mean, its cool to take pride in your car. but you gotta know when to race and when its a waste of gas.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I wasn't looking for a race till saw this accord go WOT. And if the race only lasted till mid 3rd. gear only lasted for 1/8th. mile if we went for a 1/4 mile I would have put a country mile on him.

it was a new accord V6

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
GMH GTO said:
yeah I wasn't looking for a race till saw this accord go WOT. And if the race only lasted till mid 3rd. gear only lasted for 1/8th. mile if we went for a 1/4 mile I would have put a country mile on him.

it was a new accord V6
wanna run my honda V6?...

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Tell me how much you got in mods, I'll put that into the goat, and then
we'll run. Okay?
headers intake and pulley are the only performance mods....oh ya well it's stroked to a whooping 3.5L's from 3.2 it weighs 3600+ w/driver and is FWD auto

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
type R said:
headers intake and pulley are the only performance mods....oh ya well it's stroked to a whooping 3.5L's from 3.2 it weighs 3600+ w/driver and is FWD auto
3600lbs, wow, that's way more than I would have guessed. How many
ponies does that thing put to the pavement?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
3600lbs, wow, that's way more than I would have guessed. How many
ponies does that thing put to the pavement?
Curb weight stock is 3509lbs so I'm thinking he's doing pretty good with only a 91lb driver :)

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
He might pull us on the line... but we'd bury his "type r" in the quarter.

"Type R"... where do they come up with these things? Might as well hang a big 'ole sign on the front hood saying "I'm a race car!". :rolleyes:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not to big on racing hondas, The neon SRT 4s thoes things are always at the track and trying to prove themself. I know a chrysler tech who told me SRT4s are grenades once somebody mods them. Still I see a couple people on the SRT forums running mid 12s with the "stage 2" package.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
monaroCountry said:
I drove an accord euro (?) 2 days ago (a friends during a relatives bday). Not the fastest of cars but i loved it, its got great interior.
For those who are curious, the Euro Accord is marketed in the US as the Acura TSX.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Accord V6 is a nice car. Amazing how fast it is with a NA 6 holer.

Good ownage :) I'm always looking to ruin peoples day when they try and take lanes by force. Nothing dangerous of course.

Everybodies car feels fast until somebody walks away from them :sneaky:

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
so as not to go back and quote everybody... my cars not a type R it's a CL type S and i weigh 210 so you can figure out how much the car weighs from that approx. anyway just dyno;d at coastal 255.7/222.5 keeping in mind i turn 7200 rpms before fuel cut...to the guy that said you'll run me down in the 1/4 doubt it ...iv trap 103 but my cars alittle faster now...just alittle next week however p&P upper intake and throttle body goes on then back to the dyno then piggy back ECU...so im hoping 105+ traps with a target of 13.2 or better already have a 13.7 over a year ago...
to the guy asked how much...not sure if were talkin wheels and everything...5k or so

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.