LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input on these spring rubber like pieces i installed in my car. They are like little metal pieces that you install with a 1/2" drive socket. I had horrible tire rub so its kinda like a temporary fix for that plus it makes the rear end not so soft. They look like they could easily fall out. Just wondering if anybody had even used them before. Maybe not even on a GTO but on anything.

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I saw something that sounds very similar in Pepboys yesterday when I was looking for a new tire presure gauge.

I can see running the spacers for a few days/weeks while you are waiting on backordered parts, but drive the car gently and think of them as a temporary crutch would be my take.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
HagerGTO said:
Looking for input on these spring rubber like pieces i installed in my car. They are like little metal pieces that you install with a 1/2" drive socket. I had horrible tire rub so its kinda like a temporary fix for that plus it makes the rear end not so soft. They look like they could easily fall out. Just wondering if anybody had even used them before. Maybe not even on a GTO but on anything.

I would take them out ASAP. they will restrict sprng travel and can break/bend sprngs. A more appropriate way to do it is to add a spring spacer between the spring and the seat. pedders offers them in 4mm and 10mm thicknesses. They work great without screing up your springs. i have them in stock if you need them

mike
dms

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have like actual spring rubbers, but i don't have any tools down here so i was using a buddies jack and i couldn't get the springs to decompress enough. Think if i went to an lube shop they would jack the car up and insert them for me?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
HagerGTO said:
i have like actual spring rubbers, but i don't have any tools down here so i was using a buddies jack and i couldn't get the springs to decompress enough. Think if i went to an lube shop they would jack the car up and insert them for me?

I do not think a lube shop would be appropriate, but just about any other reapir facility would. It is not hard at all to do with tools

mike
dms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts