LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DV or Red Devil,

You can change order #GNDJ2X to status 6000. I picked my IBM/Blue/M6 today. It's a dream car. Only thing is they DID put the dealership sticker on the back :mad: and they left the red stoppers on.

Thanks to everybody. AWESOME CAR!!!

P.S. Does anybody know the best way to take off the dealership sticker? Should I wait for a hot day and take it off? Ideas?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
ive taken those off before using lots of meguires spray wax and my finger nails. it takes some time and kills your hands but it works. its what i plan to do.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Congrats on the car, Iron horse. Most guys I know use a hair dryer to remove stickers. Don't overheat. Make sure the paint is fully cured (90 days from production date)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Usually peeling the dealer stickers off isn't too bad if you have a warm to hot sunny day. Just have patience and use your fingernails.

Congrats!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Thankfully, my dealer's sticker peeled right off with ease. I wasn't so lucky with the front license plate bracket. They RIVETED the damn thing to the front facia. If I remove it now, I'll have three holes in the front, between the honeycomb and the bottom grill. *#@!?#*

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody!

The wait was worth it. I didn't have any problems with my dealership. I got everything I was entitled to. Thanks to everybody on this forum, I knew the ins and outs of my vehicle even before I got it. On a side note, the stereo is awefully low unless you take off the distorter.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Stereo

iron_horse31 said:
Thanks everybody!

The wait was worth it. I didn't have any problems with my dealership. I got everything I was entitled to. Thanks to everybody on this forum, I knew the ins and outs of my vehicle even before I got it. On a side note, the stereo is awefully low unless you take off the distorter.
Hmmmm.....Shouldn't be too low. I can crank mine with it on. I suspect what it really is is a dynamic range limiter to prevent overexcursions of the speakers. There are other posts that tell of shutdowns using it, but I've never had a problem. Then again, I'm saving my remaining hearing for all the other sweet sounds this car makes.... :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tires

Congrats!! Check your tire pressure. Many of us have found ours at 55psi or higher from the dealer.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
morto said:
Congrats!! Check your tire pressure. Many of us have found ours at 55psi or higher from the dealer.
Thanks. I remembered a on Saturday (got the GOAT on Thursday) about the tire pressure. It was at 53.5psi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts