LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 5" Tach+shift light combo from Autometer, and its funny that the hardest problem Im having is locating the ignition in which to hook up the RPM sensor. Has anyone done this? If so please point me in the direction of the ignition.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and make sure you set up the tach like its a 4 cylinder. It'll work then.
Is this due to the Voltage differances? The Tach info describes two differant 4cyl setups, 1: 2pulse , 2: 1pulse . Also where did you find info for PIN descriptions at? I have searched every msg board, search engine, and magazine looking for any info detailing a wire diagram or electronic diagram.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Where are you planning on placing the tach/shift light with respect to the dash layout?
Can you please post pics when done? A lot of folks have started threads here talking about the same thing. I remember there was a discussion that the GTO even had a "built in" tach shift light next to the 7000 rpm redline that was somehow "deactivated" by GM.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The tach would have been mounted where you see the GPS, but I thought it would look better where I have it now. Its installed in the pillar with Rivenuts utilized in the aircraft industry. I also put a few drops of superglue gel where I drilled the holes to keep any fraying at a min. Now if I could only locate the RPM sensor location.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok ive finally found the PCM, and wow SIGH what a backwards ass place to put it. Even tho its sheilded its right next to the exhaust manifold. More along the lines of this post, there are multiple white wires. Ive taken off both connecter tops located all pin 10's with no avail. none of them on pin 10 are white. Any more ideas as to where this ellusive wire would be? Oh and also I have found this site that pertains to the LS1 and they refer to this same white wire. All I know is I directly looked at both 10's and neither are white.

http://www.schwankeshortblocks.com/Sealed%20Engine%20Installation%20Manual.htm

4. There is a white tach wire in the harness - located by the PCM. This is a small 16-gauge wire and it provides a tach signal. Remember to check your tach operators’ manual for proper installation. The white signal wire is a 1-cylinder trigger signal. On Autometer Tach the white signal wire is a 4-cylinder trigger signal and you may need to clip two colored looped wires at the rear of tach for proper RPM reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts