LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got my car earlier this week and I notice when I look in the sideview mirror that the driver's side door does not line up well with the rear quarter panel. Does anyone know how to adjust how much the door closes?

The door seals and I think it's fine but this really bugs me - I want my goat to be perfect. It's only a out a few millimeters but that's enough to really bug me.

Do I just move the hook thing for the door latch in? Thanks in advance for help.

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Mugatu said:
Hi,

I just got my car earlier this week and I notice when I look in the sideview mirror that the driver's side door does not line up well with the rear quarter panel. Does anyone know how to adjust how much the door closes?

The door seals and I think it's fine but this really bugs me - I want my goat to be perfect. It's only a out a few millimeters but that's enough to really bug me.

Do I just move the hook thing for the door latch in? Thanks in advance for help.

If you're talking about the black weather striping mine is the same way. If you look in your side mirror on the passenger side it lines up fine. Its wierd

·
I hate NASCAR
788 Posts
I have yet to see one GTO where this black trim below the windows lines up. I would say that is just how it is and adjusting the door would cause issues somewhere else.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yep, mine is crooked in the mirror too. I can't notice it from the outside though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, OK, thanks guys. The weird thing is that the passenger's side lines up almost perfectly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My door slide/stop was loose on my car with only 4000 miles. Anyone else have this problem?

I tightened it down (two 8mm bolts) but I am wondering if this jacks with the door alignment.

·
wreaking havoc everywhere
247 Posts
it only messes up the door alignment if when it was loose it moved out of where it should be. if it feels like your door sticks or has more friction and is harder to close then its not aligned right. if it opens and closes the same dont worry about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts