LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
adventures of vhalins stock GTO ownage continue: LS2 vs cobra vs srt-4 [vid]

The following is a video of my '05 GTO vs 94-98 Cobra vs 03 SRT-4.

http://vhalin.com/vids/gtovscobra.wmv

SRT-4 mods: lowered, wheels, exhaust, bov, mbc, some wastegate mod.
Cobra mods: exhaust, spraying(off the bottle in the video, he would have killed me on the bottle) intake, pulley, race gas.
my mods: mufflers removed, K&N air filter, and slightly gutted airbox. + me and my passanger are both 200 plus pounders.

This happened at the local street races, we were on our way to the spot. We run twice, the first time we start ~50-55 mph in third gear, I stay pretty even but i gain some inches on him, you can tell that a big factor is that my shifts were faster, because everytime i shift i gained a noticeable distance. we shut down at about 100-110 mph. I got the cobra by about 1 car length and the srt-4 by 4-5 lengths (silly neons :judge: ) (no offense to srt-4 owners here)

the second video we start in 2nd gear ~40 mph, and you can watch for yourself to see what happens. :gears:

I talked to the cobra owner later when he filled up at a race gas pump, pretty cool guy. First thing he asks is if I ever race for money, I say no because im stock, then he proceeds to tell me that he does, and that he sprays, but didnt spray against me. I openly admit i would have gotten my ass handed to me if he sprayed, seeing as how I only got him by 1-2 car lengths.

Man, I love my GTO, its stock and so far I haven't lost a race. It's reliable, fast, gets acceptable gas mileage, and its comfy as a fetus in a uterus.

:thumbs: :judge: :gears:

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on, you guys are all using my bandwidth to watch the video and you cant even comment :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Da Raiders
716 Posts
good kill, next time let him spray and see how well you do against him, but put the passenger in his car......:)

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Sounds like a few great kills. Can't see the vids here at work computer won't allow it. I love seeing goats on the run will check it out when I get home.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
forgive me im a little confused. Is the camera car in the goat? I ask because for a split second I see a 4th car that wants to play, so im not sure if the camera car is actually racing, or just honking it off for the competitors.

If he's in the actually race, isn't he already about a car ahead by the 3rd honk?

Nice pull and good kills regardless though :)

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
Yea, you did get at least a 1/2 car jump on the group - you still pulled, but the margin of victory wouldnt have been that big. Regardless, nice kills.

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lemme try to a vid of the first run where i started with them, and kept running in fourth. i get a good 1-2 car from an even roll.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
nice kills man I need to get some of mine on video.

·
Registered
582 Posts
only see one vid. looks like the camera car is you? and you leave the SRT4 behind pretty soon, then it's only the Cobra a bit farther back? whatever i'm looking at, good kill.

·
Registered
75 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
forgive me im a little confused. Is the camera car in the goat? I ask because for a split second I see a 4th car that wants to play, so im not sure if the camera car is actually racing, or just honking it off for the competitors.

If he's in the actually race, isn't he already about a car ahead by the 3rd honk?

Nice pull and good kills regardless though :)

I was the camera man, and yes he started a little ahead. Im guessing h
e uploaded the wrong video I have the one where they started even it and I will upload it in a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts