LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I just installed a flex fuel sensor kit on 06 GTO with 402 stroker. I just also recently bought a set of AeroForce gauges but I am having a hard time having it pop up the alcohol %. My car runs on pure E85. HP tuners shows the alcohol % just fine but it won’t show up on the AeroForce. I’ve spoke with AeroForce and they say that it should pop up as long as the sensor is hooked up correctly.

Do I need to purchase the ethanol % sensor from AeroForce and tap in the GM sensor I am using?

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
So is the gauge not tied into the same signal wire the ecu is? Cant seem them making their own proprietary sensor but you never now.
Should be able to share the signal for what ever.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So you have a GM flex fuel sensor that is tied into the PCM and it is turned in HP Tuners?

Does your aeroforce have the alcohol PID?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you have a GM flex fuel sensor that is tied into the PCM and it is turned in HP Tuners?

Does your aeroforce have the alcohol PID?
Yes I have GM sensor tied into the PCM and it is turned on in HP tuners.

Yes the alcohol PID is on the AeroForce

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
The standard GM PID that the aeroforce polls for ethanol% is not the one that the E40 ECM uses. I have tried to scan for it, but it is not a PID you can poll for. It is a broadcast PID. I still haven found a way outside HPTuners how to capture it. I have a home built digital gauge that uses an Arduino uno and connects straight to the signal wire of the GM flex fuel sensor

·
Registered
234 Posts
The standard GM PID that the aeroforce polls for ethanol% is not the one that the E40 ECM uses. I have tried to scan for it, but it is not a PID you can poll for. It is a broadcast PID. I still haven found a way outside HPTuners how to capture it. I have a home built digital gauge that uses an Arduino uno and connects straight to the signal wire of the GM flex fuel sensor
well ain't that a bitch. I just spent $ to send mine back in for a firmware update to display alcohol content.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I ended up purchasing there flex fuel module that they offer. Been thinking about just T tapping there wires into the sensor and see if that works..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ain't that a bitch. I just spent $ to send mine back in for a firmware update to display alcohol content.
After speaking with them over email they want me to send mine in to. they think the same that the tuner software has placed the data under some different PID and the gauge cant pick it up.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts

1. I ended up purchasing there flex fuel module that they offer. Been thinking about just T tapping there wires into the sensor and see if that works..

I would try tapping the sensor first. From what I found, all the ethanol content sensors put out a frequency of 50hz to 150hz corresponding to 0%-100%. My Arduino gauge is basically just a frequency counter. Frequency-50= ethanol percentage

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
After speaking with them over email they want me to send mine in to. they think the same that the tuner software has placed the data under some different PID and the gauge cant pick it up.

It's not HPtuners that changes anything. That is just used to turn on the flex code in the ECM. The E40 is an orphan as far as ECU's go and has a few "proprietary" PID's for some things. If it was pollable for ethanol, it would be easy to find with the torque app by using the torque scan plugin. But because it's a broadcast PID, it always sends it out, but you have to decide the CAN stream to find it. Haven't gotten that far yet LOL

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1. I would try tapping the sensor first. From what I found, all the ethanol content sensors put out a frequency of 50hz to 150hz corresponding to 0%-100%. My Arduino gauge is basically just a frequency counter. Frequency-50= ethanol percentage

I plan on doing this today after work. Hopefully it works out if not back to square one

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I plan on doing this today after work. Hopefully it works out if not back to square one

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll let you have one of my Arduino ones for the cost of the parts I have in it.. I think it's like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds good man thank you

·
Registered
234 Posts

so you're going to use the harness that came with their flex fuel kit to tap into the acdelco sensor and then plug the pigtail into the back of the aeroforce gauge? Let me know how that works. I'll hae my gauge back next week but I am not confident it will work after this lol

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll let you have one of my Arduino ones for the cost of the parts I have in it.. I think it's like 20 bucks.
What are you using exactly and where are you picking up the signal to display alcohol content?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
so you're going to use the harness that came with their flex fuel kit to tap into the acdelco sensor and then plug the pigtail into the back of the aeroforce gauge? Let me know how that works. I'll hae my gauge back next week but I am not confident it will work after this lol

What are you using exactly and where are you picking up the signal to display alcohol content?
I have the DSX tuning flex fuel sensor kit. I just tapped the signal wire from the sensor and ran it to my arduino.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alrighty fellas looks like I got it.. So I used there sensor kit Part #Sens030. I cut off the connect that would essentially plug into the flex fuel sensor. I used a T-tap and tapped into the sensor wire that was already installed in the car. Wired rest of the control box as directed and connected it to analog 1 and plugged in the linear conversion that they give you. Currently I’m getting 77.1 which is consistent with my buddy’s G8 for winter blend E85

1 - 20 of 28 Posts