2,083 Posts

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
Are they owned by hurst? LOL!

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
I don't think their product will be out anytime soon, but Vector Motorsports aka GTPPrix has a really nice scan guage coming out soon that does just about everything the Aeroforce does and then some.

·
Professional Type 1 Diabetic
4,263 Posts
they will be out soon. the sponsor's will also be out soon.
the definition of soon = we have no idea, but lets lead people on so they don't go out and buy something else.

·
Pissin' in the wind.
951 Posts
MacDogg said:
they will be out soon. the sponsor's will also be out soon.
the definition of soon = we have no idea, but lets lead people on so they don't go out and buy something else.
Amen brother!

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
topperge said:
I don't think their product will be out anytime soon, but Vector Motorsports aka GTPPrix has a really nice scan guage coming out soon that does just about everything the Aeroforce does and then some.
I know nothing :secret: :secret:

·
GTOless
7,062 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
GTPprix said:
I know nothing :secret: :secret:

If you build it they will come. I will be in that line too.:sneaky:

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
Hey guys,

I thought I'd shed a little light on the subject seeing as I'm in frequent contact with the owner of Aeroforce (Todd)...the design and testing of the LS2 gauges is complete. They've run one on a trailblazer SS with success. The holdup is simply due to manufacturing capabilities. When the project was started, it was 2nd-in-line after the Ford gauges...well the ford's ended up having more issues than anticipated and they are holding up the works--I think it's Ford's evil plot to screw things up for GM guys...:The_Villa

Aeroforce is aware of the demand, just how much we hate waiting for anything (I'm guilty of this too :D ). They are working to expand their facilities to incorporate higher volume productivity...which means for us, the CAN BUS gauges (LS2) sooner.

I know it just makes it worse when you see them on the 04's and realize just how cool and useful they are, but rest assured that Aeroforce is not ignoring you or sitting on their butts doing nothing. They ARE working hard to bring us these gauges.

When we get the word, we will kick-off a PRE-ORDER SALE!!! Now we don't want your money until we know exactly when we'll have your product...we just don't do that, it's not fair to you...so our sale will essentially indicate their advance availability from us, and others will soon follow. Keep in mind though that TOP SHELF PERFORMANCE is the Exclusive Dealer for the Green LCD/Black Face/Silver Bezel GTO Edition gauges! These are the ones that match the interior perfectly and blend in like they are stock...check out my sig pic to see!

Our sale will include a full package for installation, including even an add-a-circuit so you don't have to run to the store to try to find one!!! We also carry the PFYC Banshee pod at reduced rate (with purchase of gauges). If you want to get ahead of the game and buy your pod now so you can test out fitment and get it prepared, you pay full price, but then when the gauges come in we'll credit you for the price difference so you still get the savings just as if you bought them together! :)

A quick note on the PFYC Banshee Pods...we have solved the "warp issue" that many people experienced and the reason for a holdup of their production. It is a matter of material in your dash...you have to remove a fair amount if your pod doesn't lay down all the way--every car is a little different. Where there is upward pressure from below is where you will see the warp, and the pressure may not be that obvious. Once you've cut out the plastic inside, the pod WILL seat properly after a few days...it actually RELAXES BACK INTO PROPER SHAPE! We've actually taken pods out that don't fit "out-of-the-box" and simply re-shaped them by running them in a GTO. Another trick is to either not install the metal clips, or test it with them left-off of the front stubs--usually the middle is the underlying cause [I have to thank RealDeal on this one, he helped us out with testing and relaxing the pods to fit properly...thus he has been deemed the "Pod Whisperer", haha! :p :D]

Feel free to ask questions, I'll check back into this thread later on to give you guys more answers should you need them.

Thanks for listening!

-Sean "Snafu"

·
3,689 Posts
Gauges

Not to be a ball buster but we have been hearing different stuff for so long it is kinda hard to swallow that these are even being pushed. Now if these units come out, when you say advanced availability how many units are you looking at? Then the next question is if I don't make it on that first list how long do I have to wait for the next shipment? And are you still going to give the free shipping on all preorders? :confused:

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
I understand that alot of rumors and hear-say float around, but don't believe it all. YES Aerforce IS making these gauges! :thumbs: These are not a figment of everyone's imagination

What I explained above has been the truth since the start...no one anticipated the ford gauges having as many setbacks as they've experienced. So when we were originally told "next month", "two months", etc. it was based upon timetables at that juncture, but of course, if something unforeseen goes askew, it sets back the entire process. Now during all of this, they've been creating and testing the LS2 CAN guages. They have passed all tests and are awaiting manufacture.

Perhaps, if we got enough people together that are ready to buy, we can persuade Aeroforce to circumvent the ford gauges and push the CAN's straight on through...hmm...

I'm not sure of exact numbers for the pre-sale; I have no way of knowing until they start manufacturing. With the OBDII GenII's, we were able to get 25+ dual sets. Again, I have no definite answer, but based upon the last experience we were able to get more gauges in stock in a few weeks. We of course will try to place an initial order to take care of ALL those interested. Once we announce it, it's first come/first serve...so if you were the first to order, you are the first on the list to receive the gauges.

As for the pre-order, we have yet to set all the parameters of it, however we do plan on providing FREE SHIPPING as a bonus for the pre-orders!

·
email for pics
742 Posts
i know a guy. Mr.Licht who makes the Scanmaster for ls1, Buicks will have one out shortly. someone here might have one already, testing:eek:

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
topperge said:
Vector Motorsports aka GTPPrix has a really nice scan guage coming out soon that does just about everything the Aeroforce does and then some.
I have seen this scan guage and had a chance to go through the parameters of it and it is pretty bad ass. The features are great and I was impressed with the ability to download data that you have logged on to your laptop. It is protable or can be a permenant mount depending on your taste and needs. It matches the dash lighting as well so for those who want to keep that theme going. I was really impressed, Just thought I would add my thoughts since I got to work with it a bit. :)

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts

·
Neverending GTO Project Mgr
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that DashHawk owns me right now. I just don't want a 'box' thing sitting out somewhere.. it looks USB, so I could have it port the data through my GoatPC and onto the touchscreen up front? Now -that- would be tight ..

I can't wait to see the AF Gauges though. I dunno, my opinion, why push the Ford "problems" through. They're going even further under at this point :stickpoke and shutting down their truck plant here locally, this year. They've moved it up a year.. sad to see it go too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts