LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed aftermarket spring kits like eibach, H&R, ect? I would like some feedback on drop, feel, any problems noticed, ect.

Doc

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine are on their way, Eibach Pro kit. I'll let you know when they are installed.

I am planning on putting spacers in the front to move the wheels wider when I do the springs, due to the r/f tire rubbing strut. Has anyone gotten spacers if so what kind and how do they fit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Has anyone installed aftermarket spring kits like eibach, H&R, ect? I would like some feedback on drop, feel, any problems noticed, ect.

Doc
Click on the link below. At the bottom of the page, there is a reference to a customer who has some great feedback on suspension.

Suspension Link

Jim

·
Registered
980 Posts
I must say that I cannot imagine this car handling much better than stock. I put the Eibach springs and 17" rims on my Monte and that was a world of difference but still would not be close to the goat stock setup.

I figure that any mods would just make it stiffer and rougher. Maybe if she lost enough weight than I would consider it but am very happy with the ride now.

_DM

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm looking at the Eibach kit because it drops the front an 1.0 inches and the rears only .8 inches. With my new wheels/tires I want a hint more aggressiveness with the stance of the car. The H&R springs drop the car 1.5 inches which I think is to much. Also, I have read that if you drop the rear to much you will ad way to much negitive camber for a street car.

Doc

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
I agrre about the stock handling being exceptional. My only real concern is with the body sway.

I would like to see 90% of that go away.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Any higher rate spring will help body roll some. Upgraded sway bars would help also, but upgrading just the rear might make it a little skiddish in the rear and likely oversteer some, upgrading just the front would make it understeer bad. Gotta do both at the same time, preferably a kit that is made to keep the ratio similar.

·
Lowering Solutions
7 Posts
Doc GTO said:

Doc
G'day
I'm from a company here in Australia (King Springs Pty Ltd) who have developed an extensive range of coil spring product to cater for just about all types of suspension preferences for the GTO's. We have developed double end - tapered wire progressive rate coils for both front & rear with various rates from comfort through to performance applications.
We are heavily involved in the Motorsport scene here in Australia working closely with the many of the leading V8 Supercar teams.
The Australian equivalent of the GTO is the Holden GTS, & CV8 Monaro and we have distributed & installed coil springs in a great number of these vehicles, offering varying heights and spring rates.
There have been no problems encountered here using our various lowered options.

Please don’t hesitate to drop me a line for any further assistance or questions
[email protected]
www.kingsprings.com.au

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
Where do you find a set of Anti-sway bars for these cars??? I have looked evrywhere....Unless you have a place that makes them....then I have looked everywhere but there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
We decided not to build them, as the prototypes took a skilled suspension mechanic literally hours (each) to install, and the gain was only slightly more than what we gained with just a sway bar bushing kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts