LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem the first day...horn dosen't work. Replaced the fuse.

Problem at 1,000 miles, AC won't come on. I read the manual to make sure that the dials were set right on the third sunday with a full moon...nothing. Drove into the dealership. Comes on and then goes off.

So...they ordered the AC control. Put it in. Not the problem. If you turn on the blowers on any setting...only defrost comes on. Wait 5 minutes, it does what it's suppose to do but the AC still dosen't work.

4 days later (car stayed at dealer)... whole electronic model is replaced. Car is being put back together and security number needed. Give dealer security number...nothing - number dosen't work.

Anyone have any problem similar????

·
DOG
626 Posts
68GTOGirl said:
Problem the first day...horn dosen't work. Replaced the fuse.

Problem at 1,000 miles, AC won't come on. I read the manual to make sure that the dials were set right on the third sunday with a full moon...nothing. Drove into the dealership. Comes on and then goes off.

So...they ordered the AC control. Put it in. Not the problem. If you turn on the blowers on any setting...only defrost comes on. Wait 5 minutes, it does what it's suppose to do but the AC still dosen't work.

4 days later (car stayed at dealer)... whole electronic model is replaced. Car is being put back together and security number needed. Give dealer security number...nothing - number dosen't work.

Anyone have any problem similar????
Nothing like that down here. Definitely a bummer. I hope the dealer is at least treating you well while they try and fix this.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I had a problem with my air but was simple. When they installed the hose at the factory they routed it too close to the fan. The fan cut the hose before I even bought the car. All is good now, dealer replaced the hose and recharged the AC.

Had a 68 convert, hood tach, Hide aways and rally guage package. What is or was your 68?

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
1500 miles and no problems here, shift light inop but I kinda perfer it that way.

air direction mode controls default to defrost in the event vacuum is lost on most cars, direction controls are acutaded by vacuum air inlet and blend door are typically driven by electric servos. Your refrigeration system may be ok the blend door may not be working.

let me know what they did to fix it.

If you lived close to chicago I would look at it myself, i'm an mobile HVAC guru.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
That sucks. Knock on wood but I crossed 5000 miles yesterday and still no issues.
Dan

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
No problem like that. Only the radio controls on the steering wheel have been a minor problem. Good Luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

It's my 2004 baby!

Dealer offered to give me a rental. I drive an SUV so I didn't need it. My GTO is my "drive on the week ends" car. They are going out of their way to keep me happy.

As of yesterday, the PIN info still wasn't working and a call was being made to Aussie land.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I have the truck but I still take their rental. It's a matter of principal. Plus it gets me back and forth from the dealer.

Just make sure you get it back before the nationals.. Some of us may make the drive out your way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - got it back today. Entire car had to be reprogrammed including the keys. Don't lose one - it's $500 to replace (so says the dealer).

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Bcm

68GTOGirl said:
Update - got it back today. Entire car had to be reprogrammed including the keys. Don't lose one - it's $500 to replace (so says the dealer).
That means they had to replace the Body Control Module. Wow!

·
3,327 Posts
68GTOGirl said:
What Old Goat says, the key is only 70-100 bucks to replace.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Cost of key replacement?

Warren said:
What Old Goat says, the key is only 70-100 bucks to replace.
My dealer told me it was about $200 when I picked up my car, while warning me not to loose them. Which I ***think*** is closer to actual cost.

Warren, (or someone else) correct me if I am wrong, on another post somewhere, weren't there like three separate parts of the key, and I believe the cost of the parts alone were over $100 going towards $150. If programming is involved, their might be an additional labor/service charge too.

$500 is insane... and I would like to know the actual cost of replacement.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Huntress said:
My dealer told me it was about $200 when I picked up my car, while warning me not to loose them. Which I ***think*** is closer to actual cost.

Warren, (or someone else) correct me if I am wrong, on another post somewhere, weren't there like three separate parts of the key, and I believe the cost of the parts alone were over $100 going towards $150. If programming is involved, their might be an additional labor/service charge too.

$500 is insane... and I would like to know the actual cost of replacement.
I was told the key is about 300-400 to replace.......

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I was told the key is about 300-400 to replace.......
You see... every time someone quotes what the dealer says we get a different price. :sneaky:

:confused: WTF???!!!

I think I am putting my spare in a safety deposit box :p

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
my salesman told me $100

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
sounds like the dealers are trying to find a few more dollars. If programing these keys is anything like the fords, all they do to program them is put the DIC/BCM into program mode and insert then turn each key that is being programed. Then reset the DIC/BCM. When I had the work truck done it took 5 minutes to program 4 keys. The Ford does not have the bobble on it but it does have a transponder to let the car know the key is the real deal. What can a Bobble cost? $50?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

Yes - the dealer replaced the Body Control Module.

Keys couldn't be reprogrammed so they ordered new ones. Then a duplicate set came in (which they gave me). The keys are naked - no outer casing with the controls.

Get home everything's working fine. Decide to drive to work and notice that the counsel is not put together completely.

UGH!!! It's going back on Tuesday since the dealer is closed on Monday for the holiday!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts