LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know very little about air to fuel ratios, so this is more than likely a very simple question. From what I understand, at idle A/F should be sitting at 14.7. At WOT it should be at 13, give or take .01.

I recently increased my boost to 10-11 lbs. on my Maggie. Meth was also added. Today I was out logging a couple of runs with HPT, and I see my A/F (LC1) at WOT was as low as 10.19. I am assuming this is too rich. I am guessing the tuner was trying to play it safe. Should WOT A/F always be around 13, or are there exceptions? This was the "street" tune. I also have a "track" tune that I have not tried yet, but will tomorrow.

My fuel pressure dropped (very short periods) to 46 psi. For most of the run it was at 58 - 60 psi. At WOT it seems to be consistently in the mid to upper 50's. What psi for fuel pressure is considered too low? We put in a larger fuel pump and bucket.

Any recommendations for other HPT monitors that I should be watching (and ideal ranges)? MAF, MAP? I have been keeping an eye on knock retard (always 0). What should IAT and ECT be at ideally (lower=better?)?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcain said:
boosted you want more like 12:1. i run 11.5:1 for safety day to day
So if I'm in the low 10s, and I get it tuned to come up to 11.5, I should gain a little HP?

·
Registered
788 Posts
yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts