LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
IBM GTO owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my gto is currently at the dealership for warrenty issues. 405 miles now :rolleyes: . Anyway i have a factory alarm problem there still trying to figure out i guess they called tech line and stuff but are still working with it. The factory alarm worked fine for the first few hours i had the car, then from there out it would beep the horn five times rapidly like if a door was open. The car has a march of 04 build date. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this yet. I'm thinking its some sort of miscommunication between the door switch and bcm.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine did that a couple days ago. Basically five horn honks means something isn't "happy" when the system arms. In my case it was the passenger side door lock knob didn't want to move down. I simply manually locked and unlocked the door, and its been fine since.

·
IBM GTO owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i got my car back today and found out they through a door latch assebly at it and that didn't fix it cause there was an added line on my ticket. The real problem ended up being a bad crimp on the pin a the bcm it was orange and purple wire i believe. It is fixed now.

·
No Problemo
731 Posts
Sounds like what's going on with my car. the passanger door lock is stuck in the locked position. I could pull it up and the horn is honking whenever I lock with the key fob.

Was this issue something that has been found in the 05-06 models as well as the 04s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts