LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my GTO last week. IBM 6M car, I now have 200 miles on car. I noticed a pull to the right, seems the alignment is out. SO, I check the tire pressure first, just to make sure. What do you know, the morons at the dealer had them at 55psi!! Wow, my car definitely rides better now at the correct 35psi! But, the alignment is still out.

So, I call the dealer, and in typical GM fashion (I have only owned GMs all my life, so I am not bashing blindly here), he basically puts me off. He asks me how many miles I have on the car...after I tell him "200", he says, "Oh, well you have to wait til 1500 miles before I can fix the alignment"?????? WTF? He says it is a "GM Policy" that they don't fix alignment problems until at least 1,500 miles, so that the car can "settle"...? And after 7,500 miles, they are "out of warranty" as far as alignment goes...what crap. I am going to call another dealer to see if he tells me the same thing. I then asked if GM was going to also warranty my tires after they get worn from being out of alignment and he told me "you'll have to take that up with GM"... I swear, every time think GM is taking a step forward, they treat you like crap again...

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I had the same thing w/ a stearing wheel that was out of center. @ 500 miles the Service manager told me I had to wait until 1500. I talked to the owner of the dealership and drove home in a rental. Car was fixed the next day.

55psi is common in the GTO tires at deliverly. Wrong, but common.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I hope no one left a spring spacer in!!! :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts