LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would put my dyno results up of my stock bottom all motor ls1 setup. Heads/cam are spec'd out by Tony at Mamo Motorsports. Next step to this project will be a 408 ls2 bottom end built for 1000 + hp.

hp 483
Tq 424

2004 Gto M6 ls1
-Stock LS1 bottom end
-Vararam intake
-Mamo Ported Fast 102
-Nick williams 102 tb
-36lb fast injectors w/stock rails
-MMS 220 heads shaved (11.5:1 comp) and modified for 10mm Yella Terra rockers
-Yella Terra ultra Ultralite pro roller rockers
-Johnson Link bar Limited travel lifters
-Cometic .040 head gaskets
-Custom 229/233 114+2 cam
-Ati balancer
-Manley pushrods
-Melling high volume ported oil pump
-Speed engineering 1 7/8" Headers and catless x pipe (Great product for $450 new)
-Slp Lm1 catback exhaust

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it said sae std. I’ll check when I get home. Didn’t realize I must have cropped it out. What are your thoughts on the numbers? Or did you just come in to make sure the dyno #s weren’t inflated lmao

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here’s another dyno sheet before the retune which is also std sae. Tune needed a bit of tweaking. Same exact mods.

The before and after on this graph is I/h/e vs. h/c/I and mods listed above.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
610 Posts
Nice. I love seeing all motor cars putting down power. Something to be said about all motor vs slapping on a prochargwr.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. I love seeing all motor cars putting down power. Something to be said about all motor vs slapping on a prochargwr.
Thanks. I give all credit to Tony Mamo at mamo motorsports for hooking me up with the parts combo. His heads are killer and put down great power with a drivable 229/233 cam.

Also pro charger might get slapped in next year after I finish the 408 bottom end and lower the compression a bit.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
i mean even if you take away the 3-4% supposed difference between j607 and j1349, you're still making 460-470 wheel horse. most h/c/i 5.7 setups are like under 450.

you have a great combo there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i mean even if you take away the 3-4% supposed difference between j607 and j1349, you're still making 460-470 wheel horse. most h/c/i 5.7 setups are like under 450.

I laugh when people look so far into those small details. It’s all for fun and to be honest the only thing that matters is what it puts down at the track. Also I texted the tuner today and he said if anything the standard sae probably wasn’t in my favor that day.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
I laugh when people look so far into those small details. It’s all for fun and to be honest the only thing that matters is what it puts down at the track.
true. small details can add up tho. and it can be fun trying to put together a good combo on your own to see what it can do.

these days people just get a junk 5.3 and slap a big chinese turbo on it, with stock heads and a cam, and make banzonkers power. i kinda feel it takes the fun out of putting together the "perfect" engine combo. can't beat what works, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true. small details can add up tho. and it can be fun trying to put together a good combo on your own to see what it can do.

these days people just get a junk 5.3 and slap a big chinese turbo on it, with stock heads and a cam, and make banzonkers power. i kinda feel it takes the fun out of putting together the "perfect" engine combo. can't beat what works, though.
Agreed. I’ve had a poorly put together turbo build in the past (400+ hp Honda) and if I ever have to deal with that much turbo lag again I’ll jump off a bridge lol.

·
Is that FWD?
1,262 Posts

I am at 437 rwhp with little 5.7 HCI throttle body MAF, 1 piece carbon fiber ds, etc. Fun setup. You are making good numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am at 437 rwhp with little 5.7 HCI throttle body MAF, 1 piece carbon fiber ds, etc. Fun setup. You are making good numbers.
Thanks. Your setup is up there power wise also especially going through an auto!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m wondering where naughty’s at now since I got him his dyno correction info.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts