LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
people don't understand how much of a difference a WELL paired HCI setup is over a throw something together and cut corners setup.
I think there’s a lot of people that also don’t want to spend 10 grand on an all motor setup when they can get the same or more power with a supercharger or Chinese turbo. Only reason I decided to spend the money is so I can hopefully exceed the 1000 hp mark with quality parts once I build a bottom end and run boost.

·
Yes my name is Holden
587 Posts
Greetings Bryndy & all; I would say you have a Very successful build! I've noticed that even with my 200 UTQG tires that I'm spinning from a 15 MPH roll. I have a Ls2 A-4 with ported heads & a very mild (senior Ole' man's) cam 209*I & 217*E & made 425 Lbs. Ft. of torque at the hubs w/ 431 HP @5600. So the new problem is rear tires. I'm looking at 150 UTQG now. Have fun Ole' Bob.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you! I bet that setup is a lot of fun with that cam. I bet it’s easy driving and puts down great power early in the rpms!

·
Yes my name is Holden
587 Posts
Early is a bit subjective, as I tried not to increase the low (2000 RPM & under) end knowing that traction would be a problem. So my plan was porting the heads would kill low end a bit. The FAST intake with bigger runners would also kill a bit of low end. The 1.8 rockers would also kill a bit of low end. As all these mods would Decrease velocity in the lower RPM band. And last the modest increase in duration over the OE cam. I also did short travel lifters & .08" wall 3/8" push rods. For sure a unusual build. I so want to go to the drag strip. Enjoy your build & I'll be watching what you do for traction. Ole' Bob.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Early is a bit subjective, as I tried not to increase the low (2000 RPM & under) end knowing that traction would be a problem. So my plan was porting the heads would kill low end a bit. The FAST intake with bigger runners would also kill a bit of low end. The 1.8 rockers would also kill a bit of low end. As all these mods would Decrease velocity in the lower RPM band. And last the modest increase in duration over the OE cam. I also did short travel lifters & .08" wall 3/8" push rods. For sure a unusual build. I so want to go to the drag strip. Enjoy your build & I'll be watching what you do for traction. Ole' Bob.
I like that you went with the limited travel lifters. I feel like there’s power to be had with them and a lot of people don’t want to spend on a good set of them.

·
Yes my name is Holden
587 Posts
Hi Bryndy & all; Being an Ole' guy I had a lot of experience with solids, flat & roller (dating back to 63). So no fan of hydraulics. I had run Rhoads a couple of times & was pleased with them. But they basically do the opposite of today's Short Travel Hyd's & are equally fussy to adjustment. The down side is they are noisy for sure. The UP side is Throttle Response for Sure! And now I've learned that our aluminum block & head combo's expand about .006" .008" at operating temp. That may influence me on future adjustment. Ole' Bob.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Its clear the other session is turn all the way up. Even with the torque hurting.
The seems good. About the norm for max effort sae-3.
Is it up to your standards or should I do something different?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice Numbers. They seem close to accurate to me.

My ls2 stock 243's with fast 102, x-air, long tubes and catless mid with 227/234 111lsa cam made 492hp and 424tq. It's a blast to drive at that power level. Definitely surprises the 392 Mopar crowd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice Numbers. They seem close to accurate to me.

My ls2 stock 243's with fast 102, x-air, long tubes and catless mid with 227/234 111lsa cam made 492hp and 424tq. It's a blast to drive at that power level. Definitely surprises the 392 Mopar crowd.
Awesome! It's definitely a good time at that power level. Very usable power in every gear with a decent tire.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts