LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started this topic for you to post all of your problems with your current GTO's and what youd like to be different about the next model GTO?

also add wat the good things are about it and then ill pass it onto holden and see what they think :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tell Holden we would like the entire lineup here in the states! And thank them for not listening to the beancounters and converting all their cars to front wheel drive.

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Lighter, better brakes, set-up pedals for heel and toe, better air to the intake (too hot now), and I know this is a GM component, but the M6 tranny REALLY needs a thorough re-think - needs to be more refined for this car, shorter, quicker throws and MUCH better feel.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kbaba said:
Lighter, better brakes, set-up pedals for heel and toe, better air to the intake (too hot now), and I know this is a GM component, but the M6 tranny REALLY needs a thorough re-think - needs to be more refined for this car, shorter, quicker throws and MUCH better feel.
i know our next model is going to have an upgraded brake option so your model will probabaly have the same. umm the 6speed is apparently going to be more refined in our next model as well, hopefully they'll shorten 5th and 6th :D

once i have enough comments from you guys i will pass on everything to the guys at holden.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
aussie_bloke said:
just started this topic for you to post all of your problems with your current GTO's and what youd like to be different about the next model GTO?

also add wat the good things are about it and then ill pass it onto holden and see what they think :)
I LOVE THIS CAR! We could use coat hooks over the rear quarter windows, a smooth 4 inch air tube instead of the dryer hose and as low restriction an Airbox and intake as possible accessing cooler air somewhere (screw the silencing..the engine, tires and pipes are going to cover any intake noise), a Transmission Performance Mode switch for the Autos and a positive manual reverse lockout for the Sticks, a left canted binnacle with lit matching oil pressure and voltmeter guages, harder durometer neoprene rear end mounting, swaybar, links, and suspension bushings, (doing the front swaybar the same couldn't hurt), a spoiler delete option, better braking, the 'M' series (and others) wheel in 17 and 18 inch options, BFG KD or KDWS option for delivered tires, dealer accessories like locking lug nuts that weigh the same as stock nuts and accept the stock caps, optional spare factory coated adhesive wheel weights, aerosol chassis protectant to restore the stock coating after work, approved care accessories for the interior, and thought out 3M invisible chip mask kits. We could also use more attention to paint and thicker clearcoats, perhaps a heavy duty battery option that incorporated a reserve, a dual scaled and numbered temperature gauge *C & *F, Dealer access to HSV upgrades. Did I leave out the Shiela? :D What I like about the car...Everything :hail: , the seats are incredible, the interior fit and finish awesome, excepting the thunk issue, axle tramp, marginal braking for a car of it's caliber, the poofta automatic shifts, hyperactive Torque Management and overactive Abuse Prevention software (buy a Predator from here and see what we like). The BCM harness issues are a bit of a bother. You could upsize the exhaust tubing all the way back 2 1/4" ought to do it, and enlarge the passages in the exhaust manifold to match. In my estimation, the car is more near perfect than any I have ever owned, some or all of these things would make the car closer to perfection and make it easier for us to keep it that way. Just one humble owner's opinion. Guys, what did I forget?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You pretty much covered all. I would like to add a door lock switch and faster or quick release seats for easier access into the back.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your opinions. sounds like your pretty rapped about the cars in general.

i see how the quick release seats would come in handy to get to the back. the ol' electric seats arent the quickest thing around.

btw, mlc, is that a pic of the dash inside of your car or just onme you came across??? is it photoshopped or real?

and does anyone have any movies of their cars in action?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
aussie_bloke said:
thanks for your opinions. sounds like your pretty rapped about the cars in general.

i see how the quick release seats would come in handy to get to the back. the ol' electric seats arent the quickest thing around.

btw, mlc, is that a pic of the dash inside of your car or just onme you came across??? is it photoshopped or real?

and does anyone have any movies of their cars in action?
That's a pic of my dash while doing a dyno pull. Good timing. He snapped the pic just before red line.

·
ABENIGO
26 Posts
aussie_bloke said:

1# extra 12v outlet for gadgets
2# 275/40R17 (or even 315/35R40) rear wheel option with rear panels covering tires
3# either a interior door lock switch or where the door locks automatically at 15 MPH
4# an Aux input to the radio...just do it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a question-what to do if the remote fuel filler door release button on the dash fails? There's no manual/cable release/back up system like there is for the trunk-opener button-I had this happen to me on an Infiniti G35 (sorry!)and the car had to be flatbedded to the dealer to be fixed (no back up system either)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Everything stated above .

Also better glass quality (its to soft) Better paint hardness again ( to soft)
Other than that I love Christine even with the few flaws that she has :hail:

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks for those extra comments guys... do you want the interior door lock because its just a thing to do to lock the doors while driving? its not a thing we really need to worry about here in aus.

edit: read in another topic that you guys want a factory sunroof option and side airbags (like ours).

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
What is your connection to Holden?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
1. Gauge pod with volt meter and oil pressure gauge
2. Tach shift light
3. Doors that lock automatically when car reaches 15-20 mph
4. Manual release for seats instead of snail pace electric mode
5. Photochromic rearview mirror with temp and compass
6. Side air bags
7. Crisp short throw shifter
8. Hood light
9. Dash switch to turn engine fan on/off manually.
10. I also want the cool cupholders in the radio that you guys get but we don't.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Huntress said:
What is your connection to Holden?
just know a couple people in the industry.

one of them is pretty high up working on the holden by design side of things.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Thanks for taking interest here. BTW, can changes discussed here be made this
model year upcoming, or on the '06 model?

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
aussie_bloke said:
thanks for those extra comments guys... do you want the interior door lock because its just a thing to do to lock the doors while driving? its not a thing we really need to worry about here in aus.

edit: read in another topic that you guys want a factory sunroof option and side airbags (like ours).
Doors that are not locked are more likely to open in the event of an impact, and cause harm to the passengers.

It's a matter of safety.

In today's litigious society :punch: , I'm sure Holden would understand that.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
paco04 said:
Thanks for taking interest here. BTW, can changes discussed here be made this
model year upcoming, or on the '06 model?
not really sure. im not aware of how they're their new model is progressing. maybe they already have some of these things in mind for the next model :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd like to see the gas tank taken out of the trunk to give us back more space (do Aussies call it the boot?). The trunk is too small for me to go on more than just a weekend trip with my family of 4.

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts