LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New convert, old Pontiac fan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the common crud; Cycling dash, brake warning, abs warning, radio on/off/on again, etc.
But then it killed my headlights while I was locating an exorcist. (Before I knew the alt. was the problem.)
No fuses blown, no fusables blown.
So now,
HOW DO I GET MY LIGHTS BACK?

Everything else went back to good after a battery and alt. replacement. (And tires. Blew one the same day.)

·
New convert, old Pontiac fan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot. Minion is an '05 GTO. stock LS2 / Ported and polished, exhaust. Nothing extreme. BECAUSE HE KEEPS EATING ALL MY $$$$ THAT I'M SAVING FOR THE TWIN TURBO!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Car runs?
Drives OK?
Ahh, you say no lights?
Exactly what lights do not work?
When you replaced battery and Alt,,,same time?,,Normally we do one at a time
What is date on battery?, not guarantee date, but born date?
Did you have Battery COMPLETELY charged by seller (normally they don't like doing that) before you put it in?
Alternator, tested before you bought it? No guarantee its good, unless tested.
Cables cleaned? did you get them checked, grounds cleaned?
Yes there is something wrong, however throwing new parts (not tested) just means New,,nothing more
Have you ever bought anything in your life that didn't work? Right out of the sealed box?
Chasing electrical problems is hard, even harder if you don't test the replacement before hand.
Before you get cheated, get educated (no disrespect intended). To get cheated, you have to enable them to do so.
Do not enable them or create the opportunity for them to try.
Did you check the light switch? power in, power out?

My friend went to pick up a 72 - 240Z for scrap yard,,gave them $200 , supposedly blown engine, no start - etc.
Opened hood when he got it back to scrap yard, Battery cables were on backwards, reversed cables, got in car- turned the key and it started and ran fine. Sold it 3 days later for huge profit.

His kid now runs the junk yard, he has heard the 240z story so many times, He might wanna come your way with a wrecker if need be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts