LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my stereo intermittantly changes to "Random" or "Seek" or from CD to FM or any number of things when I least expect it. I'm GUESSING that my fingers are bumping the buttons when I shift, but I don't know for sure.

Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Yep! I do the same thing periodically. I find I occasionally touch the "Mode" button on the steering wheel but much more frequently I brush my knuckles across the buttons when I make a 4-3 downshift. Annoying... ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Typically when I am backing out of my garage I am looking backward and turning the wheel when I hit the buttons because my hands can't figure out where the steering wheel is without my eyes.
:drink::drink:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I bump the "mode" button all the time. I guess I'm in the habit of turning by the spokes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How the hell do you get the stereo out of "Random"?... it's annoying the crap out of me.

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Each button is actually two buttons. I kept randomly hitting "RANDOM" and all that crap and couldnt figure it out until a buddy figured it out for me. lol

If you push the top of the button, it activates the buttons listed function

if you press the bottom of it, it just goes by the NUMBER / CD / Radio preset

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem all the time idk if its how i hold the shifter or what.... i thought i broke my stereo when my stock shifter snapped off going into 3rd real hard... but now that i have the B&M Rippershifter i have not had the problem

·
Registered
153 Posts
rVOLT said:
Each button is actually two buttons. I kept randomly hitting "RANDOM" and all that crap and couldnt figure it out until a buddy figured it out for me. lol

If you push the top of the button, it activates the buttons listed function

if you press the bottom of it, it just goes by the NUMBER / CD / Radio preset
Fixed! Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts