LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wannago faster
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the 05 maggie kit on my a4 and am making 490/445 to the wheels. Lets assume the mp122 unit becomes available at a cost of $2000 and will produce another 4-5 lbs of boost. Also lets assume drivetrain and tranny issues are not a problem. If I go this route I face hood issues and other fitment problems. Let me also say I am not nor do I intend to bash Magnuson as I have had belt and tensioner problems and they have sent me belts and a new tensioner and so far no problems.To my question. Why should I not change the front pulley to the 8" and swap the current 2.8 to a 2.7". From what I see the cost of this change is $525 plus $95 plus some shipping which also produces 4-5
lbs of boost with no headaches and will pull hard to max rpm. I am not a mechanic and do not pretend to understand all the answers. Any and all help will be sincerely appreciated.

Greenville Eddie:patriot:

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
The 122 will give you more than 4-5 psi. You are boost limited with a stock motor. The 122 will shine on a larger displacement forged motor that you can give 14-15psi.

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
whats the diffrence with a 122 and a 112?? power?? price??

·
Administrator
20,431 Posts
ihaterice said:
whats the diffrence with a 122 and a 112?? power?? price??
its still nebulous at this point. no one really knows until they publish everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts