LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Leafs Fan In A GTO
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I want to put cut outs on my 05 auto sports package goat. I am planning on having them put on before the resonator. Is that going to mess with with my warranty? I also heard that the gto would loose some torque off the line if the cut outs start off open. Is this true?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
That is a good question. It is a grey area. The dealer would have to prove the cutouts caused a problem. I have headers, and catback. My dealer said they would work with me. As far as emissions. I am no longer covered. But, if my trans, rear, or even engine conk out. It will be covered.

·
Hammer of Justice
722 Posts
i have cut outs...... my car was up on the rack at the dealer, i saw the mechanics checking them out....... said nothing about voiding my warranty

there is also a consumer protection law out there that basically says that your waranty cant be voided on other parts, because you changed out one part, unless your aftermarket parts caused the other parts to fail

i might be losing some torque off the line..... its hard to tell though, havent been on a dyno

i also thought you were allowed to change anything from your intake manifold forward, and your headers back ward, with out voiding the warranty on your motor

·
Registered
995 Posts
You should still have your warranty. Like others stated above, you have not or will not tamper with the emission equipment and unless a problem occurs from the cutouts then you should be fine. I recently had my car at the dealer for the stereo and the owner of the dealer works as the service writer, he commented on how good the car sounded and wanted to know what kind of cam I had in it, so I told him the truth! He was pretty nice about it, I told him about the mods I have, and he didn't say one thing about my warranty, he told me nice car, sounds good:D

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
Nemisis said:
You should still have your warranty. Like others stated above, you have not or will not tamper with the emission equipment and unless a problem occurs from the cutouts then you should be fine. I recently had my car at the dealer for the stereo and the owner of the dealer works as the service writer, he commented on how good the car sounded and wanted to know what kind of cam I had in it, so I told him the truth! He was pretty nice about it, I told him about the mods I have, and he didn't say one thing about my warranty, he told me nice car, sounds good:D

But in the back of his mind, you know he was thinking...

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

If something major breaks, I wouldnt be suprised if they void you from your mods...

Lets hope not though.

Diceman

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
Cutouts are illegal, but not anti-warranty.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, they warrantied my stereo so thats all that matters to me for now:D My brother worked a lot of years there so they all know me pretty well. I have had a few instances where we didn't see eye to eye but oh well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
cutouts and warranty

DMS is my local dealer and they made no mention of my cutouts when they replaced my instrument cluseter, they did however remove the fuse from the fuse box that they were getting power from, and then swore up and down they did nothing to cause them to not work when I picked the car up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts