LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...it's a cheezy play on American Werewolf in London, but I couldn't resist.

Hello from Worms, Germany. I am an American Soldier stationed in Germany for the moment. Just bought an A4 Black / Red interior GTO. Car is paid for, just awaiting shipment (April 5th?) from Indiana where the car is located now.

GTO will be used for my daily commuting (150km/day) on the Autobahn.

I am also the owner of 1991 GMC Syclone #0464.

Fire away questions.

·
Registered
293 Posts
April 5th?? Dang. I am sitting in Hannover at the moment just dreaning of what it would be like to drive the GTO on the Autobahn. Congrats on the new car and I hope you enjoy it:)

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White Rider said:
Cool, let us know how it "commutes" and peoples reactions to it-

PS dont be suprised if somone asks if its a Opel Omega Coupe!

Adam
Oh I won't. I familiar with the history (Opel Omega / Cadilac Catera / Holden Monaro & now Pontiac GTO).

Can't wait to get it and have something nice to drive and replace my POS 4cyl Honda.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The recently retired Managing Director of Holden has had his "retirement present" sent to his home in Germany - A Holden Monaro with his wish list included in the build IIRC.

Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Where in Indiana is the car coming from? I am In Bloomington (south of Indianapolis)
and got my goat Jan 15th. The BMV said Mine was the first titled in the state. ( they were pretty confused and swore I had the VIN wrong as well)

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VelodromeRacer said:
Where in Indiana is the car coming from? I am In Bloomington (south of Indianapolis)
and got my goat Jan 15th. The BMV said Mine was the first titled in the state. ( they were pretty confused and swore I had the VIN wrong as well)
From Horner Pontiac in Crawfordsville. You'd be more than welcome to cruise over there and take some dynamic Hi Res Digi pictures for me! They've got it in their "Car Museum" as they put it and it's waiting shipment after my next paycheck (1 Apr).

Let me know.

Ryan

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AmesGTO said:
So what happens with the GTO and Syclone when you get relocated to a different base?
I pay $$$ to ship it back to the US.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't get the six-speed... nice tall top gear for Autobahn cruising, all while getting 30 mpg! :)

I'll be interested to hear the reactions you get over there. I'm always told that fuel is $4 a gallon and that nobody can afford a V8 car over there.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Sigo, you've got to take some pictures of it in Germany, on the Autobahn, and maybe even show Dr. Woo from OT if you get the chance.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TriShield said:
Sigo, you've got to take some pictures of it in Germany, on the Autobahn, and maybe even show Dr. Woo from OT if you get the chance.
If they ever unban me.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CrispieGee said:
I'm surprised you didn't get the six-speed... nice tall top gear for Autobahn cruising, all while getting 30 mpg! :)

I'll be interested to hear the reactions you get over there. I'm always told that fuel is $4 a gallon and that nobody can afford a V8 car over there.
$2 /gallon for me. US Military not subject to their taxes.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TriShield said:
Yeah Dr Woo is a 21y/o from Ramstein just up the road from me. Didn't know that till the other night when I got banned. Gonna try and take him out to Switzerland this weekend if I get the chance and let him watch me rebuild 7 700R4's. haha

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Sigo - once you get that car broken in - you have to tell us what it is like driving all out on the Autobahn - I am jealous just thinking about it. Enjoy

Steve

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Sigo said:
Yeah Dr Woo is a 21y/o from Ramstein just up the road from me. Didn't know that till the other night when I got banned. Gonna try and take him out to Switzerland this weekend if I get the chance and let him watch me rebuild 7 700R4's. haha
:thumbs:

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AmesGTO said:
I thought Sigo was kidding. How do you get banned? How do they enforce it?
I said "in" which is really gay. They block your username.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
you shoulda waited a few months! Holden is shipping the HSV GTO to Europe and the UK under the Vauxhall badge, woulda gotten u the nicer ground effects and more power! ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts