LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have ordered a set of these. I will post pictures when they ore on the car.
They are supposed to be available in the middle of July.

These wheels are proper offset, size and are hub-centric. They may not be right for drag racing, but they should look good and maintain the proper geometry.

CarGuy

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
They look a bit like the standard Commodore S 17" wheels - good but.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I was considering those, but I personally want chrome real bad.

OMG... they have added a 6th style which I think I like:

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
OK, how do I get my pictures imbedded in text rather than a link ?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
isszy said:
OK, how do I get my pictures imbedded in text rather than a link ?
You need to link them in from another sorce. Then use the "insert image" button, it is the one that looks like a moutian in a yellow box. when you open the box, you insert the images http address in the feild and it will wrap it in "IMG" tags. The pic will then show up in you post. You have to make sure the source is publicly advailable. If it is not, the image will not show up.

New thought...

Once the image is uploaded here, it is hosted already. You could insert the link from this site. I've seen others do it. Then the image would show up in the post and as an attachment.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Huntress said:
I was considering those, but I personally want chrome real bad.

OMG... they have added a 6th style which I think I like
Those are real nice Huntress. If they had a machined lip around the edge they would like VERY nice. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't know if I'm seeing things right, but the yellow GTO on the discussion board title block looks like it has some very similar to these....

Anyway.... me likes.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
sxty8goats said:

You need to link them in from another sorce. Then use the "insert image" button, it is the one that looks like a moutian in a yellow box. when you open the box, you insert the images http address in the feild and it will wrap it in "IMG" tags. The pic will then show up in you post. You have to make sure the source is publicly advailable. If it is not, the image will not show up.

New thought...

Once the image is uploaded here, it is hosted already. You could insert the link from this site. I've seen others do it. Then the image would show up in the post and as an attachment.
Cool !!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I really like the AMG look, I am seriously likeing that look for the GTO.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Huntress -

Those are the wheels I'm looking at now. They look quite similar to the HSV wheels but are significantly cheaper. I had been looking at those for my 300M before I got the GTO. Seeing as I can actually afford those now, hmm....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZillaGTO said:
I really like the AMG look, I am seriously likeing that look for the GTO.
Well here is a PhotoChop I did a while ago of a GTO with an AMG front Fascia (But BMW M3 CSL rims)

-Adam,

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Here's a question - has anyone seen any deep-dish wheels that would work for us (like those below)?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Shinkaze said:
They have them in Chrome too for $329/each.

-Adam
I know... but I like these new one better. I think anyway. Like phobos512 said, they look like the HSV wheels, which I like a bunch. Only problem I have is buying without seeing.

Can't afford anything right now, will probably finish this season out with the stockers and see what is available in spring. I am hoping choices will be better by then too! :eek:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
One question I don't see anyone asking is - how much do these things weigh? As much as I would like other wheels, I don't want something that weighs more than our stock wheel, which I seem to remember reading (on here somewhere) was like 57lbs with tire (seems heavy but what do I know).

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Man!

Shinkaze said:
Well here is a PhotoChop I did a while ago of a GTO with an AMG front Fascia (But BMW M3 CSL rims)

-Adam,
I love those grill inserts. I am definetly getting those when available.
Those rims are bad looking too!

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Deep lips are difficult with our offset I think. Mine has a 2" lip in the rear, pretty much none up front. 18x9/18x8

1 - 20 of 29 Posts