LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this Amsoil EaO filter? They "guarantee" them for 25,000 miles when used with their Amsoil synthetic motor oil. Now I would never go that long between oil changes, I'm just curious about experience or feedback on these filters.

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
I run Amsoil filters and oil in my car. I can't give you anything qualitative on the filter but my car hasn't blown up yet. The plant I work at went from Shell to Amsoil about 5 years ago. I figure if it's good enough to protect a multi million dollar turbine, it'll keep my engine purring for a long time.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
Hate to break it to you all, but Amsoil is like Avon, or Mary Kay. You buy soap on a roap off Avon ... some lame cosmetics from Mary Kay, some 1/2 a$$'d pseudo-synthetic oil off some company that leases some floor in an Illinois corporate park with a cool Xerox photocopier but no test lab, and what'cha get ? Lame ass shit !

Amsoil sucks ! It is snake oil marketed like Herbalife through people who scam their friends, maybe unwitti ngly.

How can a company like Amsoil compete with Exxon/Mobil, who INVENTED synthetic oil, and Exxon/Mobil has 1000x the engineering talent, and 100x the patents, and and and ... um ....

imagine this thought ...

Perhaps Amsoil is a scam ?

QED

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
If you want to buy AmSOIL, my ex-wife can hook you up ! Her best friend Mika runs a home business where for $100 she will blow you and jerk you (they call it "aromatherapy" in Canada) and with your contribution to the swallowed sprm bank, you get free admission to the HerbaLife/Amsoil fiefdom of privilege ....

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
You are an idiot.

Why don't you run that by these guys and see what they say.....

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

They are fanatical about oil, oil changes, oil analysis, oil anything.... I see no "amsoil is a scam" crap there..... Maybe because INDEPENDENT tests prove it works and works very well. Is it better than any other oil? no, not in all grades. Some yes, others no.
Before you wholesale bash amsoil, do some research. You will look less ignorant of the subject.

·
1 0f 252
143 Posts
I got your pm, I run Amsoil in everything I own! I ran the EA filter in TA for 15,000 miles and it performed great! Feel free to pm with any additional questions!

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
wango-z-tango said:
Hate to break it to you all, but Amsoil is like Avon, or Mary Kay. You buy soap on a roap off Avon ... some lame cosmetics from Mary Kay, some 1/2 a$$'d pseudo-synthetic oil off some company that leases some floor in an Illinois corporate park with a cool Xerox photocopier but no test lab, and what'cha get ? Lame ass shit !

Amsoil sucks ! It is snake oil marketed like Herbalife through people who scam their friends, maybe unwitti ngly.

How can a company like Amsoil compete with Exxon/Mobil, who INVENTED synthetic oil, and Exxon/Mobil has 1000x the engineering talent, and 100x the patents, and and and ... um ....

imagine this thought ...

QED
By your logic, I should never buy something from a company that didn't invent it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
mr2guru said:
Why don't you run that by these guys and see what they say.....

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

They are fanatical about oil, oil changes, oil analysis, oil anything....
Thanks for that link!

Was looking into filters myself and thru the above link found this:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=729367&an=0&page=0#Post729367

Which led me to this:

http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3624&highlight=oil+filter

And finally this:

http://www.oilguard.com/index.php

For everybody doing catch-cans and spending extra $$ on oil, I had not seen this bypass oil filtration system. This looks to be the hot ticket if you're into reliability mods.

Not necessarily that brand, but I'd never seen these setups before = I'm not a hard-core engine guy.

·
one life to live...
418 Posts
interesting read, danrieke.
guess this bypass-filters are worth a second thought (even if I don't wanna drill a hole in my valve cover....).
anyone here installed one yet on a GTO?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amsoil is great stuff. I am running a bypass filter system on my Cummins powered Ram and oil change intervals have been tripled. I get oil analysis done to determine the best time to change the oil. The system I am running uses the Ea0 filters.

·
408 Stroker GTO
3,406 Posts
The Amsoil filter is very well built and works great. No oiling of course....
And to the gentleman who threw every "internet slander and misinformation" he could muster.....at Amsoil...get your facts straight...your way way off....

I have been running dual filters for quite some time....I chose not to run the 1 micron bypass filter and just double filter all the oil with (2) 10 micron filters....

·
Registered
25 Posts
wango-z-tango said:

imagine this thought ...

QED
How about this.. instead of making generic comments like amsoil sucks..show us some proof behind your claims?? Ive ran amsoil in my cars and equipment for years.. never had an issue. I am also an amsoil dealer and sell 100's of cases of there Injection oil to my Snowmobiling friends. In fact we have had great results running the oil in our high performance 2stroke sleds ie(no piston scoring and better overall protection) and as im sure you already know there 2 stroke oils are tested to 200:1!! Not that any of us would run that in a sled but that alone shows the ability of the oil to protect. If i were you id get online and read some reports on the oil before i opened my mouth and made a fool of myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts