LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all those Commodore SS photos made me wonder why GM never put a V8 in the Catera? Im sure it would have been a better seller with one. Its basically the same car as a Commodore (and I must admit very, very similar to our new goats). I wonder if a crate Chevy 350 with an auto would go in one? Sure would be nice in my garage parked next to my goats. Also, Ive seen lots of almost new Cateras going really cheap on the net. Any thoughts?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
K-member is probably different, but should be able to be done. The commodore isn’t an exact copy of the opel platform (as I understand it) so there might be problems. The Caddy is strait from Opel.... the commodore has Opel roots but I believe it has been modified, and then the Monaro is a modified chassis of a commodore

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
part of the engineering involved to widen the gm2800 chassis/ platform for the aussie market, was for that exact reason! so it could fit a v8...

i don't think a v8 will drop straight in to the omega/catera chassis, without extensive mods.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
They will be though, it's called the CTS-V and it's packing the LS6 V8. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Perhaps the CTS-V's will come down in price some too after a year or two. I seriously contemplated one, seeing as though it only comes in M6. :D

Just that the price tag sent me elsewhere!

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I do remember now reading about widening the Opel chassis for Oz. Still would be nice in the garage though. Besides, I looks tons better than that CTS thing. I really hate the styling direction of Cadillac (though I know Im in the minority, Ive heard they are real popular now). May keep my eyes open for a nice Catera anyway.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, I love Caddy's "crease and fold" designs! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
The CTS-V is really nice. The problem is there making less CTS-Vs than GTOs. You have to wait months to get a GTO. So I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to get a CTS-V.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The production run of the CTS-V is 5,000. The local dealer near me is still waiting for their first customer to preorder.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts