·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Why not

Attachments

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
Don't worry about being politically correct around here. Its your grammar you have to worry about.
U tell'em, eye caint stand be'n corrected!

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
You stupid mothersmurfer!!!!!! Learn how to spell! Stop posting like a smurfing teeny bopper you low life piece of shit!!!!!!!111111!1!!

-MisterMike
74875 17735530 119!! 1177 5012124!

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts

·
CGM Mafia
3,033 Posts
That vid was almost a reenactment of this nice little rant below. Could it have been the script?

If you haven't seen the clear correlation between pathetic language skills, and buy / sell deals gone terribly wrong, idiotic technical advice being freely dispensed, and cars debased with hideous "appearance mods," then you clearly haven't been paying attention.

If I'm on an internet board seeking sound advice based on firsthand experience, or looking do buy or sell something and have a reasonable expectation that it will end well, then I must make a judgement about the relative intelligence of the person with whom I'm interacting. On an internet forum, the written word is the sole means by which intelligence can be judged. If you butcher the language, particularly with ricer textspeak, you are, in my estimation, not worth engaging. If I can discourage you from being here, I will.

"Grammar Nazi" is a term freely thrown around under circumstances where it is usually inappropriate. A grammar nazi is your fourth grade teacher dousing your report in red ink because you dangled a participle or used a comma where a semicolon was called for. (Shit, I think I just ended a sentence with a preposition.) This is not the goal of those of us who encourage literacy and clarity in an environment where the written word is the only means of communication. Take the board's founder, for example. DY's spelling was atrocious. Moreover, he was relatively young compared to many of us who bought GTOs new. Nonetheless, he was clearly intelligent and knowledgeable about cars, and this was reflected in his posts, despite the occasional typo or spelling faux pas. There were none of the indecipherable, 60 word, unpunctuated, run-on sentences that gave you a migraine before you were halfway through them.

This board was founded before the advent of textspeak, which grew out of the 133 character bandwidth limit of early text communications. This phenomenon is nothing new. It dates back to early radio amateurs using Morse code. A set of common abbreviations was adopted in order to facilitate more efficient communication. There is no such limitation on a HTML driven discussion board. I am consistently amused by posters who condense their posts into the seventh circle of abbreviation Hell, ostensibly to conserve bandwidth, and follow up with a 3 megapixel photo of their plastidipped headlights.

The general reason we encourage literacy, is that it has been well established that if you were too lazy, stupid, or apathetic to pay enough attention in third grade English to enable you to construct a post that actually conveys meaning capable of being transmitted to the reader, then you are likely deficient in enough other areas of life that what you say is going to be judged as having little to no value.

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
California can fall in the fucking ocean.

So can Washington for that matter.

The car I saw crashed, the paint looks like it didn't stick to well. Factory paint job?

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts
California can fall in the smurfing ocean.

So can Washington for that matter.

The car I saw crashed, the paint looks like it didn't stick to well. Factory paint job?
Why the harsh words?

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
101 - 120 of 148 Posts