LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the title says it all.

Ordered on September 12th, 2003 at approximately 3:30PM and the car was delivered today, Sunday May 16th 2004. 8 months and 4 days total.

TPW was 2/23/04 so you guys with close dates to that, it's coming.

First impressions are coming. Stay tuned......

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
You just made it to my " I hate you, I envy you, I hate you even more" list.

LOL! Congrats! Are you gonna be able to sleep tonight? If the presence of your goat is too distracting to your sleeping patterns, feel free to let me babysit the car in my garage for a while.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Can't wait to hear the first impressions... when I got mine I had a few cars I was going to test drive. I test drove the GTO first...

...never made it past that.

I predict a new passion about to be exposed in this topic :cool:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Finally! Good for U

edge929 said:

Ordered on September 12th, 2003 at approximately 3:30PM and the car was delivered today, Sunday May 16th 2004. 8 months and 4 days total.

My TPW was the same; since I'm on East coast, may be another week or so but now I am getting cranked, and since dealer is close, I won't wait for him to call, I will stop by every afternoon now......Congratulations to you!!!!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
edge929 said:

DUDE here is one :drink: :drink: :drink: for you....ok so it was 3. Prepare to become obsessed and in love........addicted is another good word for it....
afflicted with GOATITIS..........WEEEHEEEE :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub Now we have another member for our group!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :D
:eek:ff the a

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1stChildhood said:
My TPW was the same; since I'm on East coast, may be another week or so but now I am getting cranked, and since dealer is close, I won't wait for him to call, I will stop by every afternoon now......Congratulations to you!!!!

That's funny because it's exactly what I did, stopped by EVERY afternoon around 8:00 after I got done working out. The gym and the dealership are about a block apart, so I always swing by when I'm in that area. I do know that the train took forever and actually went through Iowa and THEN came back through Illinois to Minnesota where it finally dropped off my GTO to a truck. The truck took a day to get here. Not sure how far east the train went though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Edge my car had a TPW of 3/5/04 and is to be delivered to a dealer in Chariton. Hopefully I am not too far behind. I also ordered in September and hope to see it anytime. Now as long as it is inside protected before any of the severe storms hit this afternoon with possible hail! I don't think I could deal with that after this long of a wait.

·
Registered
141 Posts
02blkSS said:
Edge my car had a TPW of 3/5/04 and is to be delivered to a dealer in Chariton. Hopefully I am not too far behind. I also ordered in September and hope to see it anytime. Now as long as it is inside protected before any of the severe storms hit this afternoon with possible hail! I don't think I could deal with that after this long of a wait.
Mine TPW'd 3/5/04 as well, Dealer called this morning and said it arrived. I'm in SE Michigan. Unfortunatly for me, I'm away on business all this week and won't be able to pick her up until next monday, bummer, at least I know though..only 1 more week!!!! BTW, I ordered in mid January..man why did Sept. orders and January orders get built the same week?

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
73blazer said:
Mine TPW'd 3/5/04 as well, Dealer called this morning and said it arrived. I'm in SE Michigan. Unfortunatly for me, I'm away on business all this week and won't be able to pick her up until next monday, bummer, at least I know though..only 1 more week!!!! BTW, I ordered in mid January..man why did Sept. orders and January orders get built the same week?

That topic's been beaten to death on earlier threads. The short story is this: the almighty pre-order program was NOT a "first come, first serve" basis. It had to do with allocations that dealerships were given for the GTO. Pretty much the bigger the dealership, the more GTO's they get (the actual method is still being debated, something about how many Grand Prixs the dealership sold in 2003). Anyway, if a dealership is allocated say 4 GTO's, they can order them right away (without being sold) and fill those orders, so they're pretty much guaranteed to get them, and then they can REQUEST more, and maybe get them depending on demand, etc. So many, if not all dealerships ordered their allocation without many of them being sold. So the GTO's would get here, and not have a buyer, and many people who preorder where still waiting on there's to be built (me). I could have gone out of state some 10-15 hours and gotten one back in March, but I shouldn't of had too, and didn't.

Make sense?

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One last thing for the guys picking up their Goats soon.

I printed off Dan's FAQ he put together, the same one DY has on this site in the "FAQ" link at the top. I brought it into the dealership to tell them that my GTO needed the "thunk in the trunk" fix. Well, they've sold some 6 GTO's so far and I was the first to bring this to their attention. I ended up giving them the FAQ and printed another one off for me.

Just a reminder, you might want to bring that in to show them if you're VIN didn't make all the updates.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
wow I feel so bad. Not only did I not have to wait, but I had my pick of 4 dealerships with 3 GTO's minimum. The place I finally got mine from had 11 on the lot and another 9 coming in. All I had to do was pick which one and write a check.

Glad you finally got yours! :drink:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
edge929 said:
One last thing for the guys picking up their Goats soon.

I printed off Dan's FAQ he put together, the same one DY has on this site in the "FAQ" link at the top. I brought it into the dealership to tell them that my GTO needed the "thunk in the trunk" fix. Well, they've sold some 6 GTO's so far and I was the first to bring this to their attention. I ended up giving them the FAQ and printed another one off for me.

Just a reminder, you might want to bring that in to show them if you're VIN didn't make all the updates.

speaking of the FAQ page. i think it would be a good idea to post all the stuff you are supposed to get at delivery. keys, extra keys, security card etc etc. DY or Dansls1 what do you say????

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
congrats edge. the gods have indeed smiled on you. what will it take for me.... no, wait... human sacrifice! why didn't i think of it before!... now i just have to find a stone altar...

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
oops, my plan has run into an obstacle. there are no more virgins in the country. :)

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
svede1212 said:
oops, my plan has run into an obstacle. there are no more virgins in the country. :)

Amen to that......... I also found this out the hard way....... *LOL*

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
congrats. way to wait it out. :thumbs:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Congrats dude! Can't wait to read your impressions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts