LS1GTO Forums banner

And just like that, I am in the market for a driveshaft.

5K views 62 replies 14 participants last post by  Napalm 
if it's a DSS shaft and you take steps to protect it from exhaust heat, it'll hold fine.

my DSS CF has been rocking it since 2015.

the safety factor alone makes me want to stick a CF shaft in anything that's not a daily.

last time i spoke to them was in 2020 i think, they answered my questions pretty quickly.

they're probably swamped right now for whatever reason. i remember advance induction became pretty bad at answering emails and getting back to you because they just didn't have enough people to keep up with very high demand. they haven't even updated their facebook page or website.

unfortunately, there aren't many options out there for GTO's besides having something custom made.

you could just order a driveshaft from their website outright...

i mean, you could just
If I had the stock pinion yoke, things would be much easier.
any reason why you wouldn't want to swap back to a stock one? afraid of messing up the preload on the pinion bearings or causing a leak?

Sometimes customer service is poor because the company is not good, and sometimes it is poor because they have a great product, they know it, and the world is beating a path to their door anyway. In DSS case, I believe it is the latter. Rather stunning though, cf prices have almost doubled in five years.
it's skyrocketed in just the past year... insanity.

And those blue Sonnax flanges for the stock pinion yoke are readily available, so I'm sure they could make a driveshaft with that flange and your provided measurements.
i'm gonna probably need something that fits a 1350 9" pinion yoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.