LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
Le sigh. I guess you should just keep your stock cam. All that potential with the prc heads, tho...

You want something like 23x/24x with like 10 degrees of overlap. And a 4000 stall.

Oh well.

...could i possibly convince you into a FAST 102 or roller rockers or maybe an electric waterpump LULZ.

·
Powdercoat all of it
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hah, sorry I teased you so bad. If it makes you feel vindicated, I expect to be teased by the car frequently. Anytime the car comes close to a straight-piped coyote, I expect to hear the gto whispering "camshaft" through the big fat prc intake valves.

I'll make sure to revive this thread when I finally break down and get a donkey dick cam lol!

By the way, I bet my b4c would have just pissed you off... fresh 5.7l with 243s with a vj, fast 92, ls6 cam and bolt ons through tsp 1 7/8 longtubes and a magnaflow catback. Sounded like a hybrid running low 12s on all seasons. I miss that heap...

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
actually, i wouldn't mind seeing a dyno of a stock cammed LS2 with a good set of heads. always wanted to see what a "heads only" engine would do. but if you do that, stick a FAST on it. none of this dorman binniz.

and you had a b4c camaro? wut.

·
Powdercoat all of it
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
actually, i wouldn't mind seeing a dyno of a stock cammed LS2 with a good set of heads. always wanted to see what a "heads only" engine would do. but if you do that, stick a FAST on it. none of this dorman binniz.

and you had a b4c camaro? wut.
Yeah, I'm curious how it does. I rode in a 4th gen with cnc'd 243s and a stock cam, felt strong and was pretty stealth because, well, no donkey stick.

Yeah, it was a 2000 black and white, paint code 01U (factory dual color). It was one of 10 built that way, white roof and white hood on a black body. When they sold it at auction, the Dallas highway patrol sanded off the decals rather than trying to take them off lol. It was beat, but it looked so good with a set of c5 black deep dish wheels and lowered.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
580 Posts
You'll have one sometime this summer. LS3 heads and intake, stock cam, with shorty headers and catted mid-pipes (Hi Rich!), and X-air intake. I figuring 380-390 rwhp through an A4.

·
Powdercoat all of it
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LOL looks like i did a "build" thread on the b4c...

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
26 Posts
With you going in the direction of the PRC 2.5 heads, I’d talk to Texas speed and get those and your cam as a package and save some dough. They have 50 some odd cam configurations. I personally have a custom grind cam shaft from cammotion and it’s bad ass. But Texas Speed will be able to dial you in to what you want in your car and it’ll fit your heads nicely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With upgrading to the PRC 2.5’s I would not do an off the shelf cam. You will be much happier going with a custom grind from one of the few top cam designers

21 - 30 of 30 Posts