LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok below your going to see three attachments, they are my Dynos from today. Keep in mind I always use SAE Smoothing 5. The lower you go on the smoothing the higher your gains will be, but I always compare apples to apples, and always use the same dyno for my cars.

just adding the PS long tubes to my cam only car I went from:

341.46 RWHP To 372.65

After my tune I got:

398.83 RWHP (Was trying to get 400)
377.44 RWTQ (happy with that)

My tune was VERY safe. I have no Knock Retard and the car pulls like crazy. I could probably get more outta it, but I'll wait for the rest of the bolt ons.
Please note: this is on 4 good cylinders, and 4 with low compression. (Dont ask)

Specs: 224-230 Xer Cam, Long tube headers, nothing else.

I will repost with dyno's with a Fast 90 Intake, SLP Pulley, and Ported TB. I will also probably switch to Magnaflows as they say flowmaster robs you of 10hp, plus this thing is WAY to loud, talk about granny shifter 2300 RPMS.

Over all 31.12 RWHP gained headers alone. Worth it for $568 with mid pipes and shipping included. Contact Chad @ Gravana and get some serious HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
How was the fit, finish, and install? Many of us have been wondering if these are a steal or just cheap crap! The H.P. and Torque gains are impressive to say the least.

StolenFox

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you're willing to do it, I'd love to see the results after the pulley and magnaflows but before the fast 90

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thats a real good price for headers. Nice gains too.

Curious to see how the fitment is.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
dam pretty nice , your making my decission even easier

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
s/c'd cav said:
dam pretty nice , your making my decission even easier

+1

How's the fitment and how much louder did the exhaust get with the header install?

JR

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
nathaall said:
a tuned cam only LS2 is only going to have 341.46 RWHP?

bullshit.
I'm no expert, but a cam only with no intake/exhaust work is like trying to breath through a coffee stir straw.

·
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
nathaall said:
a tuned cam only LS2 is only going to have 341.46 RWHP?

bullshit.

Maybe your a retard. I have 4 dead cylinders due to nitrous. Dont come here and talk trash, because I'm not here to benefit from B.S. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am in it as an enthusiast, and I have nothing to gain. And for future reference the cam wasnt tuned, I just tuned the car today after the header install, but once again you didnt bother reading.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
aside from all the drama above :rolleyes: how is the fit+finish of the pacesetters?

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
Not sure if he was really taking a shot at you or trying to make sense of the numbers you posted........relax........Woooo saaaahhhhh

·
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Sorry but I knew some a-hole would come in here and call B.S. there has always gotta be one. I'm posting pictures and semi-write up now.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Flash99 said:
Well, Sorry but I knew some a-hole would come in here and call B.S. there has always gotta be one. I'm posting pictures and semi-write up now.

i'm an "a-hole" because you have 4 lines of mods listed in your signature?

you didn't gain that much just from the headers.
you had that much of a gain from the tune and the rest of your supporting mods.

perhaps in the future we'll see what a stock LS2 will put down with these headers alone.

i attempted to edit my first post in this thread, but the forum kept timing out.

no need to insult me, you lying sack of poo.

:bootyshak

·
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Your an idiot. I have the other mods, but they arent on the car, Smitty can chime in from AZ power and sound, I overnighted him my Fast 90 so they could do a custom paint job... I should see that by Friday. Speed Inc can chime in on the SLP pulley, and Fuel Rails, I should have them by tomorrow. Fred Beans can chime in on the LS7 Clutch, hoping to have it shortly, and someone can chime in on the GMM Shifter that should be in Friday. Oh and you can contact Gunner @ Patriot performance about my custom ported heads, Tell him to hurry up while your at it. Oh yeah call Joe @ STS tell them to hurry up with my Turbo, Cant wait to see those gains. Optima Battery Should be coming from Remi Battery soon. Oh yeah I did use the stock airbox, the AEM isnt as good as I thought it would be, but I still use it for my nitrous system, all until the rest of the rings come off.

Just stop hating, I laugh at people like you. Dont be mad because I can mod and you cant. I'm just happy to try to help the others on here who are actually interested in stuff, rather then call B.S. for no apparent reason. You have the dyno sheet, DK2F and some other members can chime in on my car, as I go to the track all the time.

Since your so interested in what a STOCK LS2 can put down, why dont you stop being a cheap ass and shell out the $349 for these, and then you can argue with me all day about gaining 25 RWHP, its not rocket science. And the forums not timing out, its your sorry ass computer. Upgrade that too.

Why dont you tell people that you work for Kooks or the other competitor header brands, stop trying to steer people clear of a good deal.

Heres the install for those of you who actually are productive here on the boards.

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1750515&posted=1#post1750515

·
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nathaall said:
i'm an "a-hole" because you have 4 lines of mods listed in your signature?

you didn't gain that much just from the headers.
you had that much of a gain from the tune and the rest of your supporting mods.

perhaps in the future we'll see what a stock LS2 will put down with these headers alone.

i attempted to edit my first post in this thread, but the forum kept timing out.

no need to insult me, you lying sack of poo.

:bootyshak

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100047

I know why your mad now! You bought shorties, HAHAHAHA SUCKER! GTFO here. When you wanna step up to the big boys, place an order to Gravana. Have fun rolling around with your "SHORTIES AND CUT OUTS" LOL... LOL.. that is just too damn funny. I knew you were hating.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts