LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know we here at DSS are always trying move the quality of the parts we make forward and better, we have never been one to rest on our laurels and do the same thing day in and day out. This being said after talking with several customers, several more distributors we have decided to just start using 300m in all the axle parts we make for the GTO.

New 300M stubs from now on $549.99(starting Monday the 12.12.11)

Why you ask ? well lets just say that after years of development and testing we have realized that a 550Hp all motor on drag radials can damage an axle just as easy as a 900hp turbo car. Hp and Torque ratings are good but the cars' set up and driver input have so much to do with the outcome that we feel making the parts from 300m from now on is the proper way to go, the cars are nearly 4000lbs and its time to stop guessing whats needed and get to making parts with out compromise. Also starting this week we have the powder coating line completely operational and all Axles, stubs and other metal parts will be coated to keep up with our commitment to quality.

Now normally 300m parts carry a premium and cost allot more then the 4340 counterpart. We have secured a buying agreement with a mill in Sweden that allows us not only a steady stream of the material but also at a cost that allows us to manufacture the parts at a discounted rate.

300m axles that have been sold for about 2 months now still 799.99 .....

Some of you have been lucky enough to purchase our axle recently made from the 300 material and at a cost that most would pay for the 4340 units. The axle and stubs will have rolled splines and heat treated to our new demanding specs that are second to none and not only have they been Lab tested, they are the same axle that are used in 3 of the record setting 8 second passes in a GTO.

Our Anti-wheel hop axles are the best using a small 1-1/8 bar on one side and a new 1-1/2 on the other, this combination is by far the most efficient Anti-hop system since Thomas Hendrix asks us to make the 1st set back in 2009. we also have the larger 30 spline axles for any application if the car has a upgraded Diff and will see the Sub 8 second runs like the DSS/Hendrix cars have recently seen. The stubs for the stock rear will have 300m stubs that are a 2 piece design using a 4340 flange but is using a larger 31 spline for the attachment, dont worry we include caps for the end of the axle so if the car needs to come apart the axles will remain clean and trouble free (will work with any stock axles also)

So there you have it, nothing but the best and only from the Quiet Experts at The Driveshaft Shop.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received a few emails on the website asking if the larger 30 spline axles will still be available now that the Anti-Wheel hop axles are out in 300m. yes they will be but keep in mind this axle is a full 30 spline and is going to stronger than the 28 spline stub into the Diff, these axles are better suited for cars that have had the Diff changed to a 8.8 or the 9" with a larger 31 thru 35 spline. only these cars will see the benefit and would be the right way to go if the diff is changed. over the week end i will be changing some of the listing and removing a few. we will also be including the Driveshafts made with the new Billet flange

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have been testing and getting used to the powder coating system. take a look
we have tried Black Chrome and a Hammer tone black so far.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
So do you produce the axles for Hendrix? What would be the benefit of buying axles from you over Hendrix? I will be purchasing one anti wheel hop axle very soon and then upgrading the other at a later date. Thank you

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do you produce the axles for Hendrix? What would be the benefit of buying axles from you over Hendrix? I will be purchasing one anti wheel hop axle very soon and then upgrading the other at a later date. Thank you
Thats a good question, all i can say is Thomas is working 24/7 to help his customers out. im around allot but not as much as him.

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Procharger for now.
427 Posts
Ill be getting another set soon, I wish I wouldnt have sold my first set .. :banghead:

·
Registered
924 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black Chrome would be KILLER...and I'm biased to Hammertone. :p

Yea i kinda like the hammer tone myself, we had a friend that does powdercoating give us a bunch of powder so we will be playing with
lots of colors. if anyone wants a certain color just let me know and it can be done. with this in house it will be quick from now on.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With prices like this you don't need to wait for a sale, remember the DSS Forum discount comes off these already incredible prices.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just bringing up a reminder that all and i mean all the axles parts sold by DSS are now 100% 300m and powder coated, almost always in stock (and if not only days away at anytime)

This is our new commitment to quality and customer service for 2012, check out our prices you might be surprised and not have to wait for some sort of a sale to pay a little for so much. Fast shipping and the best customer support in the industry.

Driveshafts

Axles and stubs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts