LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side seat belt assembly (inside the pillar) has started to squeak a little when the car is in motion. The inside of the car is so quiet, and it being almost right next to my ear, it's annoying as hell. Sounds way louder to me than I'm sure it really is. The dealer is getting this one. I want that SOB replaced.

Anyone else experienced this?

LR

·
Registered
171 Posts
R U sure its the seat belt assembly...myself and a few others here have the very annoying "creaking/squeaking" sound comming from somewhere in the door....if u open your window just a little (so its not even open, just not all the way up) does it go away or change the sound? BTW - has anyone found the source of this noise?

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I have a similar sound from my door I thought I read that people believed it to be the door latch assembly.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SpicyGTO said:
R U sure its the seat belt assembly...myself and a few others here have the very annoying "creaking/squeaking" sound comming from somewhere in the door....if u open your window just a little (so its not even open, just not all the way up) does it go away or change the sound? BTW - has anyone found the source of this noise?
I've seen that before in other cars and was the first thing I checked - has no effect on this noise. I'm pretty sure it's the seatbelt unit, if I pull the belt all the way out and keep tension on it the majority of the noise stops.

LR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts