LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all about the kills, and kept wondering when it was gonna be my turn. I've had the GTO for almost 2 months, and no fair fights... I blew away a Grand Am GTP who's only comment when we got to the next light after I handed him his *ss was, "why didn't you wait for the '05."

But today was an odd one. As I approached the light I saw the 03 Mustang Cobra convertible and thought... finally some competition, but when I pulled alongside I noticed a 50 year old woman behind the wheel, who was in the process of combing her hair and fixing her makeup. I figured this was a no-go, but I bumped the T/C button off, since we were sitting on a hill... I figured I'd at least give her a show.

The light changed green and she gunned it to my surprise... so I hit it too, and we raced up the hill...by the crest I was about 3/4 of a car length ahead... and she turned onto the interstate... I the victor, until I realized that I too needed to get on the interstate. Oh well... it was fun while it lasted.

Until next time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
you just beat a 50 year old women in a COBRA
 

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
lol, sorry you missed your onramp...glad you handed it to her. :)
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
You fell for the old "putting on makeup and fixing hair" trick. While you were putting down your guard, she was quietly shifting to first, turning off her A/C and radio, and slowly revving her engine up to 2500 rpms.

I usually feign disinterest by digging for golden boogers. Once the opponent sees that, they are either too disgusted too race or simply lose their initial hormonal surge.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
DisneyDJ said:
I've read all about the kills, and kept wondering when it was gonna be my turn. I've had the GTO for almost 2 months, and no fair fights... I blew away a Grand Am GTP who's only comment when we got to the next light after I handed him his *ss was, "why didn't you wait for the '05."

But today was an odd one. As I approached the light I saw the 03 Mustang Cobra convertible and thought... finally some competition, but when I pulled alongside I noticed a 50 year old woman behind the wheel, who was in the process of combing her hair and fixing her makeup. I figured this was a no-go, but I bumped the T/C button off, since we were sitting on a hill... I figured I'd at least give her a show.

The light changed green and she gunned it to my surprise... so I hit it too, and we raced up the hill...by the crest I was about 3/4 of a car length ahead... and she turned onto the interstate... I the victor, until I realized that I too needed to get on the interstate. Oh well... it was fun while it lasted.

Until next time
Congrats man!!!!
 

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Ha ha ha, the only way you guys can beat 03 Cobra's are if old ladies are driving them while putting on makeup...... :)


You see, the problem here is you guys are just picking on the wrong Cobra's.




:gr_jest: :gr_jest: J/K, nice kill.
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
She may have been Kenny Bernstein's mom for all we know!!! LOL . . . Never underestimate the well weathered!

Doc
 

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
Joined
·
303 Posts
desertgoat said:
I usually feign disinterest by digging for golden boogers. Once the opponent sees that, they are either too disgusted too race or simply lose their initial hormonal surge.

Thanks DG it's great to put on a smile first thing in the morning. :D
 

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
Joined
·
303 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
Let me guess, you have a stock A4 GTO also?

Can we have just one story in here that isn't criticized? Do you really feel the need to defend every mustang driver in the world?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
ArlingtonGoat said:
Can we have just one story in here that isn't criticized? Do you really feel the need to defend every mustang driver in the world?
No, I just feel the need to ask questions. I find it funny that there are so many stories of GTO's beating 03+ Cobra's when the GTO is stock, and the Cobra is modded, or this and that. The reality is, the GTO in stock form is just a TAD bit faster than a 99+ GT. I just hate ignorance.
 

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
Joined
·
303 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
No, I just feel the need to ask questions. I find it funny that there are so many stories of GTO's beating 03+ Cobra's when the GTO is stock, and the Cobra is modded, or this and that. The reality is, the GTO in stock form is just a TAD bit faster than a 99+ GT. I just hate ignorance.
This whole thought process though assumes the audience wants to hear it.

Besides this story was a little short on details. There was no "I'm stock and she was modded" in the story except what you injected. The only ignorance came out of your post. And you guys wonder why people on this board are negative toward mustang owners? There was absolutely no call for that kind of comment in this trhread that I could see and you made it anyway. I would be more sympathetic to your opinion had that kind of story been put up but the only ignorance I saw was your post.
 

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
No, I just feel the need to ask questions. I find it funny that there are so many stories of GTO's beating 03+ Cobra's when the GTO is stock, and the Cobra is modded, or this and that. The reality is, the GTO in stock form is just a TAD bit faster than a 99+ GT. I just hate ignorance.

What's not to believe? It was a heavy vert that likely wasn't driven to it's full potential. Anything can happen on the streets.
 

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
Joined
·
303 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
What's not to believe? It was a heavy vert that likely wasn't driven to it's full potential. Anything can happen on the streets.
Exactly :)
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
IT WAS AN OLD LADY........DAMN. As usual not ONE kill story is ever posted without someone calling BS.

I beat a tricycle last night driven by a 2 year old......
 

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
Joined
·
303 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I beat a tricycle last night driven by a 2 year old......

Well sure but that's just because you have a S/C. Without that you would've been toast my friend.
 

·
Moving Forward
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
WhiteTXMach said:
No, I just feel the need to ask questions. I find it funny that there are so many stories of GTO's beating 03+ Cobra's when the GTO is stock, and the Cobra is modded, or this and that. The reality is, the GTO in stock form is just a TAD bit faster than a 99+ GT. I just hate ignorance.
No way is my 04 GTO a tad bit faster then my 01 GT. The only mod i had on my GT was a K&N FIPK. And by far my GTO is much faster. I'll agree that the Mach1 will come in about even or faster then the GTO, but no way was my GT able to keep up with the GTO's power. It may weigh more but its 300rwhp to 235rwhp that i was getting makes up the difference. All though i may just be misunderstanding what you mean by a tad. I've heard of many GT's breaking high 13's, but i know of most GTO's starting in the 13's and some getting 13.2 stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I had a quick 50-100 roll with a 2001 Cobra last night on the way home from work. We're both bone stock. He was behind me though, so its a tough comparison -- but I didn't pull away from him, and he didn't seem to change distance from my back bumper.. Sat and talked at the next stoplight, really nice guy :)
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top