LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is planning to park their 8 mile GTO in a climate controlled hole for about 30 years so they can get maximum return on the dollar when it is sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction - check this out.

Diggs

P.S. Yes, you detected a tone of sarcasm. I get the most for my money by driving my vehicles. The GTO and the wife's SSR are both used regularly.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Hmmmm - my true geekiness will show through here - but I actually see a completely different use for those. Being a miniature wargamer, those would be perfect to mount on some fiberboard and use for science fiction type bunkers...
Dan

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Hmmmm - my true geekiness will show through here - but I actually see a completely different use for those. Being a miniature wargamer, those would be perfect to mount on some fiberboard and use for science fiction type bunkers...
Dan
dude... that goes way beyond major geekiness :p

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Huntress said:
dude... that goes way beyond major geekiness :p
I guess you can take the geek out of the D&D game, but you can't take the geekiness out of the boy - or something like that...
:p
Dan

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Dan
Dan, I'm glad you have a gto otherwise with comments like this I'd be worried.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Diggs said:
For anyone that is planning to park their 8 mile GTO in a climate controlled hole for about 30 years so they can get maximum return on the dollar when it is sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction - check this out.

Diggs

P.S. Yes, you detected a tone of sarcasm. I get the most for my money by driving my vehicles. The GTO and the wife's SSR are both used regularly.
Diggs, how is that SSR?
My wife is trying to get me to buy the Magnum for her but I like the looks of the SSR. ...wagon or truck? I don't think I have much of a chance.

BTY Looks nice in the picture.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Dan
Sometimes you should just think things, not put them to print...

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ssr

mlc said:
Diggs, how is that SSR?
My wife is trying to get me to buy the Magnum for her but I like the looks of the SSR. ...wagon or truck? I don't think I have much of a chance.

BTY Looks nice in the picture.
The wife loves it and <all together now> when Momma's happy, everyone's happy!!

Seriously, it's a definite head turner. It has the 300hp aluminum Vortec 5.3 but it is a heavy beast. Those 20s will definitely turn over, but not like the goat. The seats and leg room and sound system in the GTO is better, but then again, the GTO is more in stealth mode and the SSR is right out there. The rumor is that the 2005 SSR will be the 6.0 LS2 and a 6 speed, so it will get quicker, too. They are doing away with the Ultra Violet as a color choice, so if you want that color, get thyself to thine dealer and buy one.

It's a hell of a choice when we go out together. GTO, SSR, Harley....

Diggs

P.S. There is a good message board for SSRs at www.ssrfanatic.com.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I see that auction is looking like a dismal failure.... hahaha

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
well this auction ended. with zero bids. i guess this guy's money making scheme didn't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts