LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was definately MMOB on my way home from work as I pulled up to a red light (first car at the light). A Civic with all the ricer show car goodies (ground effects, big exhaust, piller gauges, graphics, etc) pulls up next to me in the right lane. I really didn't think much of it because most the time they (ricers) get in the slow lane and go very slow and don't race (they just want to look like they do).
But this guy starts revving at me? About every 5 seconds he revs his exhaust to get my attention. The driver and passenger keep looking over at me (trying to act real cool). I looked back at them and just smiled and kind of laughed back at them. (as if to say you have no chance).

The race

Light goes green and I nail the gas (traction contol on - A4) I leave the line with no wheel spin and just hook up perfectly. I get at least 2 cars on him right off the line while his tiny front wheels are spinning. Then I just kept pulling like mad. The race was over by 60mph because I already had too many cars on him to keep going. It was a total slaughter.
I slow down and he comes up behind me but doesn't pass. Looking in my rear view mirror, I can see the passenger laughing at him saying a bunch of stuff.

I'm sure I ruined his Friday night of cruising around pretending he had a fast car. And with his buddy in the car, I'm sure all his boys at the local spot will soon find out how he got dusted big time by a GTO. You've got to love it.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Kill them all; no mercy.

LR

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
First we'll beat 'em.

Then we'll stomp 'em.

THEN we'll TATOO 'em! ("Goat Meat" has a nice ring to it)

THEN WE LAUGH AT 'em!

And THEN we kill 'em.

And then we go on the internet and bask in the glory.
Life is good.

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
nice kill. that ricer probably posted one on his favorite forum "smoked a gto" hehehe.. you know how they are.

·
I ♥ ( @ )Y( @ )
1,666 Posts
The ones on the street are usually a joke. But in my three times out to the drag strip, most of the gutted out honda/acura shitboxes walk me by a few bus lengths (damn turbos). So I have respect for a few ricers out there, just never know what they have in them.

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
I would say job well done

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
TheEricHarris said:
The ones on the street are usually a joke. But in my three times out to the drag strip, most of the gutted out honda/acura shitboxes walk me by a few bus lengths (damn turbos). So I have respect for a few ricers out there, just never know what they have in them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they can't be fast (gut it out, turbo it, so it's hauling like 2000 pounds, etc...), but I don't consider that a real car. That's really more of a track specialty vehicle. I like (and go for) more of all round vehicle, fast when it needs to be, comfortable when it needs to be, and generally something you'd be proud to tool up to someplace in (not just the track). A car you can race in but a car you can also take a date out in. I've had my own fair share of track-mobiles - they have there place. But what I'm after is just an all around top performer. And this GTO is head and shoulders above a gutted rice box (or gutted american iron) that's a second faster on the track.

Just my opinion.

LR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts