LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a long time ago but figured I would post it anyway. I have a 05 gto and at this time I just finished installing a procharger, 8 pounds of boost on e85.
Anyway, I came across a 04 gto with heads and cam. Now I don't normally street race and I have only raced a handful of cars in the 7 years I have owned my car but I couldn't resist and I felt it was the perfect way to judge the before and after of my procharger.
Anyway, we line up side by side and do a rolling hit. I easily beat him by a lot, probably by a bus or more, not even close. However, my car is all over the place, I can't get traction and I was having trouble staying in my lane. We pulled up next to each other at a light and I asked him what he had and then he asked me. After telling him he says "no wonder!" He then asked me if I wanted to do it again from a dig but I turned him down and said there's no point because I'm not getting traction right now.
Later, I found out that the silicone hose I used to replace my independent drag bag's hose was allowing air to escape through the material itself, causing the drag bags to be at low and uneven pressures, throwing my car all over the place.

Attachments

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
MMOB would help but great kill :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Like how you’re not proud of killing another goat. Goat v goat is frowned upon & glad you found the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts