LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, was able to work out a deal with dealer and my son that I couldn't pass up ... so Sat passed ownership of (what used to be)my gtp to my son AND took ownership of a red/red M6. Must admit not really liking them when I first saw them on paper ... but after driving one there was no turning back :) !

Chuck -- sorry to copy colors but that was my wife's contribution and have to say I like that combo best as well.

Driving it is like combining the handling of the 69 datsun roadster I drove for 20+ years with the power of the gtp.

Will try to plug in a couple of pics even though they're just like all the other red/red's out there.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Welcome to the board, Gary. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the insanity!!!!
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Excellent choice!! Congrats. :)

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
rednred said:
...Chuck -- sorry to copy colors but that was my wife's contribution and have to say I like that combo best as well.

Driving it is like combining the handling of the 69 datsun roadster I drove for 20+ years with the power of the gtp.

Will try to plug in a couple of pics even though they're just like all the other red/red's out there.
GREAT look'n car Gary - Just goes to show yea, great minds think alike :cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

There is something about red and a sports car (well, at least a sporty car).

Chuck, how do you like the sound of the magnaflows?...not that I'm thinking of changing anything, of course :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
ahhh another test drive seals the PERMA-GRIN.......Congrats and welcome

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Congrats, Gary. I had a hard time justifying the move from my GTP to the GTO. Now that I have the GTO, I'm in love! The power! The interior! It's just an awesome car.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
rednred said:
Chuck, how do you like the sound of the magnaflows?...not that I'm thinking of changing anything, of course :)
You will need to hear for yourself. I love them - it is just enough, not too much.
IMHO - with this car it is hard to justify $6-$700 for a cat-back when all it gets you is better sound. I got the better sound for less then $170 (and that cat-back money would be much better spent on LTHs).
I would be happy to meet up some Friday evening so you can hear them.

And a point of interest -
the stock mufflers are a straight thru design, but with a curve. the left muffler has a bunch of tiny holes in the pipe and the right muffler has a bunch of tiny louvers stamped in the pipe. This must be how they "tuned" in the GTO sound.

BTW - do you think your son will want to join RMCGP now that he has the GTP?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply. Oops -- after I posted I saw your earlier post about loving them. Will you be driving it to Bandi on the 29th? I'm going to try to make it :cool: although probably just to watch. Maybe I can hear it then.

Hmm, Interesting about the mufflers.

I'm sure my son has already visited the gp site -- will nudge him toward joining. He's asked something about the car just about every day and has already arranged to pick me up for lunch later this week (in it, of course).

It will be fun to see/hear what happens around here in the next few months.

RedhotGTO said:
You will need to hear for yourself. I love them - it is just enough, not too much...

And a point of interest -
the stock mufflers are a straight thru design, but with a curve. the left muffler has a bunch of tiny holes in the pipe and the right muffler has a bunch of tiny louvers stamped in the pipe. This must be how they "tuned" in the GTO sound.

BTW - do you think your son will want to join RMCGP now that he has the GTP?

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Who was your sales person at Suss?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome - it's good to be aboard.

I dealt with Randy Good -- He's their on-line contact. He was good to work with until sold then kind of disappeared.
Gory details are:
they didn't have color combo we wanted but they were able to get what we wanted from Massey (for an extra $500). It was a Sat evening and by the time they had gotten to Massey to pick the car up they said Massey had locked up additional keys/security card. He took our address and said he'd fedex them to us overnight. About Tuesday we got a thank you card from Paul Suss asking us to call if he could assist us in any way so my wife called and said she'd love to have her key so she could drive the car :). Got a call next day but still no key. We ended up driving out to pick it up the next Sat. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience given we live as far north as metro denver goes.

They were ok to deal with. I took in prints of offers that were made here and said if they'd come close enough I'd prefer to purchase locally. Randy was aware of what was happening on this forum as someone else had done same. They offered within $500 of what was being done here which I accepted. Minimal BS during deal and financing -- pretty straight forward and painless except for the key thing.

Why are you asking ? -- planing to buy another :)?
Boefadeez said:
Congrats and welcome. Who was your sales person at Suss?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So would you deal with Randy again? I am trying to figure out the best place to try to get a GTO. If you don't mind me asking, how close to the elusive 26k mark did you get?

Thanks
Bob

I dealt with Randy Good -- He's their on-line contact. He was good to work with until sold then kind of disappeared.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Bob, I would recommend dealing with Suss. I've been in contact with the New Car Sales Manager (in fact, I have a meeting with him this Friday), and he sounds as though he's genuinely interested in selling GTOs.

I'm not on their payroll, and I'd encourage you to get the best deal that you can, whether it's at Suss or elsewhere; just offering up my advice/experience.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Bob815 said:
So would you deal with Randy again? I am trying to figure out the best place to try to get a GTO. If you don't mind me asking, how close to the elusive 26k mark did you get?

Thanks
Bob
Hey Bob,

I dealt with another sales guy at Suss and wasn't impressed. I tried working with them twice but they wouldn't work with me on price. Finally, I went to Elway in Park Meadows when I saw my blue/blue M6 and after 1.5 hours of "no haggling" :gr_jest: over my trade-in, I came in at 26.8k.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
jagular said:
...I came in at 26.8k.
Wow. I thought I'd done well with mine.

Oops.

Guys, I have a meeting with Lon over at Suss tomorrow afternoon. I'll mention some of your concerns to him. Thanks for posting your insight and experiences.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bob, I'd deal with Randy for the sale ... but not rely him for anything after it. It was a s-l-o-w process but relatively painless. We were there from just after noon to closing on a Sat. Our waiting time was pretty much equally spent between waiting to see if Randy could sell management on our deal, waiting for car to be picked up from Massey and waiting for it to be prepped.

My price wasn't what I WANTED but it was good enough to push me over the edge. I ended up at just over 27K including the extra $500 they wanted to get our preferred color combo from Massey. I think I could have gotten a purchase price about 1000 less than that from Ron Pauley but decided the 1000 was worth the hastle/expense of either flying to pick it up or arranging transport to get it here from Michigan.

Good luck in your dealing. It isn't fun but the car sure is :)

Bob815 said:

Thanks
Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts