LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the lous short stick today with the slp knob. The shifting is way better now! Way easier to find 3rd gear.
Only down side is the whining, can get a little annoying, but its worth it!

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
whining? that's from the trans, not the LSS. post pics! :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes id say 40% throw, and the height is nice and low how it should be into the boot.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
so here is the question then................ if the throw is that much shorter and it puts the lever in a great position, why on earth spend 200-300 on the other two brands? i think somebody will be annoyed that i just said that!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a good question.
what i think it is - Your paying for the name

·
Warranty Killer
400 Posts
bran1093 said:
thats a good question.
what i think it is - Your paying for the name

They really couldn't be much MORE different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the LSS is a great mod, but you cannot even compare that and a GMM.

LSS = replacement shift stick. Still retains the crappy shift linkage from the factory.

GMM = COMPLETE shifter replacement.

Is the GMM expensive? Yes. Is it worth it, I say yes. It depends on what your expectations are.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The LSS is the design that should have probably been installed at the factory...the factory stick and the plastic/rubber/RTV mounted knob are a total joke, imo, design-wise.

The GMM is for the more serious racer; also imo.

The LSS feels much better than stock, and was really simple to install. Instructions weren't needed. Probably will go with the Hurst leather knob later on, but the white ball looks pretty cool and the price was sweet enough.

Update: Shifts much better and effort required is actually much less than stock, eventho' shaft is shorter...must be because it's more solid. Slightest bit of noise/grumble now; guess hefty rtv mounted stock knob was good for something. Maybe Hurst leather knob would be quieter than the the cue ball?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts