LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took the plundge and dropped $10 on bottle of NANO wax and i'd say i'm hooked. The best thing about this wax you DON'T need a buffer, no swirl marks when removing it. I've tried everything cept for Zaino (Meguires gold class/NXT, 3M liquid wax, mothers, Zymol carbon ($40)

The Zymol carbon wax was good and very glossy cept it was almost greasy, so if you tried to buff something with a towel you would leave swirl marks. Had to use the buffer constantly. The Zymol was $40 and put out minimal advantages over $10 NANO.

Only beef with the NANO is its chalked full of chemicals petrolume distilates and Glycol where as the Zymol carbon was all natural ingredients 38% pure carnuba and coconut and banana extract. I don't see it as big of an issue with the paint though, the paints used on modern cars don't need to be feed per say with carbnuba they just need some protection. A 1956 Ferrari needs some natural polishes, any amount of thinner or petrol by product would strip the paint.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I just wonder how a wax with stuff like that would effect the paint over say 5 years of regular use, hot sun and weather? I'd have to wonder if the stuff would cause the paint to become soft over time due to the odd chemicals in it.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Can you give a comparison between the NXT stuff and the Nanowax? I use the NXT and think it's great, but I'm not a person who expects it to last and redo it whenever I wash the car.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd say I had better results with NANO over NXT. Still I havn't washed the nano. You do need a pack of 3 microfiber towels, the towels get clogged up with wax and makes it hard to remove the wax. I did put the nano on very thin.

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I use big cotton towels to get most of the wax, then use the microfiber towels after to get in the cracks & stuff

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try the Zaino and see if you still like the Nano. I've never used the Nano, however, I've used all the different meguiars waxes, liquid tech, mothers, and zymol.. Every time I use something different I always go back to the Zaino. For me, Zaino gives the best looking finish and it seems to last. In the heat in Texas, most of the carnuba stuff only lasts a week or 2 in the summer. Keep us posted..

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm gonna try Zaino in the spring, I rank NANO best bang for buck polish next to Zymol cleaner wax($12)

I talked to my buddy who was a painter at a body shop(gone toyota tech), he said my car has orange peel on it like a MF and lot of nibs. I used rubbing compound on the hood and buffed. The compound took out the defects i wanted but enhanced the nibs appearance.

This winter we are gonna wet sand down my goat with 1600, mask it all up and buff the heck out of it. I'll probley finish with Zaino.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Two questions. What's the full brand name of the Nano Wax, and WTF's a nib? :)

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
The best wax product that we have found is our optimum wax product. Its an extremely durable but one step application product. Unlike most waxes that you apply and then buff off, this one is an application only. As a result, all of the wax remains on the car. Why don't you let me send you a sample to try and compare to the Nano wax?

Alan

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
FYI,

Zaino is a polish, not a wax. So one cannot compare the two as they're apples to oranges.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mistermike said:
and WTF's a nib? :)
Nib is a common paint defect, its looks like a small chunk of paint. They are caused by dust or airborne containminates, I think they are also caused by a partially dried pieace of paint being sprayed. I guarentee if you look at any given fender on your GTO under light you will see atleast 1 or 2 nibs.

The only way to repair nibs is to sand them out.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Oh, there are plenty on mine, particularly on the plastic bumper covers.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
The best wax product that we have found is our optimum wax product. Its an extremely durable but one step application product. Unlike most waxes that you apply and then buff off, this one is an application only. As a result, all of the wax remains on the car. Why don't you let me send you a sample to try and compare to the Nano wax?

Alan
Samples for everyone, Alan! :wall:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts