LS1GTO.com Forums banner

181 - 200 of 321 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
So... In one day, I have learned that the FBI claims that all of these riots, all of the looting, all of the violence that's occurring around the country is being perpetrated by white people. This has been brought to my attention by a veteran member and comes from a 'credible' source. It is unclear if the goal is to appease angry black folks or inspire white folks to SIT THE FUCK DOWN KAREN or both.

And I have read that that same FBI is responsible for, over the course of most of the 20th century and the two decades since, orchestrating the systematic indoctrination of our nation to be predisposed against black people. So complete in their mission was the FBI that in 1969, they murdered a young man whose only crime was being a member of the Black Panther Party. So, white folks, if you're uncomfortable with black folks protesting loudly, violently, and/or destructively, rest assured that this is only because J. Edgar Hoover himself, through the public education system, told you to be uncomfortable.

Or so the piece I read stated. No, seriously. Exactly that.

And so now I am caught between two ideals. Either the FBI, who has made the convincing argument that not one brick has been thrown by a black person - or, certainly, not without a white person being behind it - is the champion of the marginalized and as such, their Cup of Virtue Runneth Over, or the FBI has been the REASON those people ARE marginalized and are therefore devoid of all virtue.

We were supposed to be BETTER OFF as a society when we got access to the Internet and all of humanity's history in one place, right? I explicitly recall that being one of the selling points.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
For the record, I fully support the right of people to protest. Black, white, purple, whatever. Protest. Protest LOUDLY even. Throw your fists in the air. Wave them around like you just don't care. If you don't care, I don't care.

THROW ONE FUCKING BRICK or BEAT ONE INNOCENT PERSON and I similarly don't care what color you are - you are a piece of shit, full stop. And your message, whatever it is, becomes utterly irrelevant.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
Support protestors, shoot looters. Reform police training to prevent this kind of shit from even happening. Also, stop apoligizing for shit you didn't do and FFS dont virtue signal. Speak your mind, when asked. Be honest, be nuanced

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force recently gave his opinion on the topic. He started his piece with an “I am George Floyd... I am Michael Brown” among listing several other black men to die at the hands of the police. Why include Brown, the POS who attacked a cop and was killed after he attempted to disarm said cop? One guy in the Facebook comments pointed this out, and he was eviscerated.

And why does the public choose George Floyd to be the martyr? Why not Breonna Taylor? George Floyd absolutely did not deserve to die during this altercation, and the officers should be convicted, but Floyd has basically been anointed sainthood. This is the guy that broke into a pregnant woman’s home and held a fucking gun to her belly because he needed cocaine money.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Charges upgraded to 2nd degree murder and the other 3 are being charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder while committing a felony, and with aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter with culpable negligence.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned already, but the Minnesota Human Rights Dept is investigating the Minneapolis Police for civil rights violations and policies and procedures for the last 10 years.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
And why does the public choose George Floyd to be the martyr? Why not Breonna Taylor? George Floyd absolutely did not deserve to die during this altercation, and the officers should be convicted, but Floyd has basically been anointed sainthood. This is the guy that broke into a pregnant woman’s home and held a fucking gun to her belly because he needed cocaine money.
Couple reasons, I think. Chiefly, because there wasn't a nine minute video of a depraved asshole kneeling on her neck while she pleaded for her life. At least with her, there was a shred of "oops, we fucked up, sorry", with a sprinkling of them getting shot at first. It's a case for the horseshit that is no-knock warrants for petty shit like drug dealing, and not so much racism.

Floyd was a perfect storm to escalate things, I think. 40M unemployed, three months of COVID exhaustion, and then the horrendous video and the stupifying reaction by the PD not to immediately fire (let alone arrest) the kneeler. Putting him on paid leave is asinine.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,467 Posts
Charges upgraded to 2nd degree murder and the other 3 are being charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder while committing a felony, and with aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter with culpable negligence.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned already, but the Minnesota Human Rights Dept is investigating the Minneapolis Police for civil rights violations and policies and procedures for the last 10 years.
Truth and Justice Commission soon to follow.

·
GR-RRR!
5,511 Posts
The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force recently gave his opinion on the topic. He started his piece with an “I am George Floyd... I am Michael Brown” among listing several other black men to die at the hands of the police. Why include Brown, the POS who attacked a cop and was killed after he attempted to disarm said cop? One guy in the Facebook comments pointed this out, and he was eviscerated.

I will never understand the Michael Brown worship. POS is POS. He is a horrible choice to hold up as a martyr for "the cause".

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

I was wondering why the DA upgrades the charges to 2nd Degree when they couldn’t convict Noor of that last year, and he shot the unarmed woman who called 911. Now it makes sense, by charging officer dipshit with 2nd, they can more easily charge the others as accomplices. 2nd seems like a reach.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Couple reasons, I think. Chiefly, because there wasn't a nine minute video of a depraved asshole kneeling on her neck while she pleaded for her life. At least with her, there was a shred of "oops, we fucked up, sorry", with a sprinkling of them getting shot at first. It's a case for the horseshit that is no-knock warrants for petty shit like drug dealing, and not so much racism.
See, I’m in the opposite camp. I don’t see racism in the Floyd incident, egregiously excessive force... yes. With Breona Taylor, I do. No criminal record for her or her BF, but let’s do a no-knock because black. It’s even worse when the asshole head of the Knoxville FOP called Walker an attempted cop killer and threat to the community after he was released.

But yea, no video = no viral outrage.

VGT said:
Floyd was a perfect storm to escalate things, I think. 40M unemployed, three months of COVID exhaustion, and then the horrendous video and the stupifying reaction by the PD not to immediately fire (let alone arrest) the kneeler. Putting him on paid leave is asinine.
Weren’t all four officers fired less than 24 hours after the botched arrest?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
I don’t see racism with George Floyd, either.

...But I also know that it doesn’t matter.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
Weren’t all four officers fired less than 24 hours after the botched arrest?
Yeah, I think you're right actually. Seemed longer, probably because time is going by as slowly as possible these days. I think the point I was getting at still stands though, if there were footage of you and I doing that to anyone, we'd be in jail immediately while they investigated.

---

I don't think either of these cases is explicitly racist, but the Floyd one treads much closer to it even without any additional facts. I don't see it with the warrant, though I only have a cursory understanding of that case. From what I understand, the guys who kicked in the door didnt start shooting until they were fired upon, and I don't know how much they would have had a say in the warrant type. Maybe there's racism higher up in the food chain (No Knock cause they're black), like you mentioned - but the outcome of the incident seems to be based on the situation, not the race. If the boyfriend didn't fire a weapon, is she still alive? I think so.

If a middle class white guy passed a bogus bill at a gas station, are the police getting called? We could play the what-if game all day, but if we're looking at recent cases and trying to decide which one was the better match to this bonfire, I think Floyd is the one. Especially hot on the heels of Arbery, hot on the heels of ___, __, and __, and so on.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
I still think that’s the flimsiest excuse possible. Four cops dispatched for a phony $20 bill? Doesn’t matter what color the accused is.

That, too, is irrelevant now, but I’m having a hard time buying it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah, I think you're right actually. Seemed longer, probably because time is going by as slowly as possible these days. I think the point I was getting at still stands though, if there were footage of you and I doing that to anyone, we'd be in jail immediately while they investigated.

---

I don't think either of these cases is explicitly racist, but the Floyd one treads much closer to it even without any additional facts. I don't see it with the warrant, though I only have a cursory understanding of that case. From what I understand, the guys who kicked in the door didnt start shooting until they were fired upon, and I don't know how much they would have had a say in the warrant type. Maybe there's racism higher up in the food chain (No Knock cause they're black), like you mentioned - but the outcome of the incident seems to be based on the situation, not the race. If the boyfriend didn't fire a weapon, is she still alive? I think so.

If a middle class white guy passed a bogus bill at a gas station, are the police getting called? We could play the what-if game all day, but if we're looking at recent cases and trying to decide which one was the better match to this bonfire, I think Floyd is the one. Especially hot on the heels of Arbery, hot on the heels of _, , and __, and so on.
Agreed. I don’t fault the officers serving the warrant as they reacted to hostile fire accordingly. I fault the ones who got the warrant and the ones who made the decision to execute a no-knock. Who that is, I don’t know yet. It’s the best example of an institutional fuck up.

The forgery thing is interesting. My sister and I were questioned by a Secret Service agent for passing fake $20s at my high school cafeteria. Then my mom was questioned. My mom broke a hundred at the grocery store and gave us the money for lunch. Apparently someone was buying groceries with fake currency. We never interacted with the local police, my school’s resource officer wasn’t involved either. I had no clue that local agencies would even touch these cases.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
I don’t see racism with George Floyd, either.

...But I also know that it doesn’t matter.
"Institutional" racism is invisible, especially to the privileged.

·
Administrator
18,848 Posts
Imma keep my tin-hat in the drawer, but an often used Doric-think comes to mind. Maybe the pandemic was overblown hysteria, and maybe it was adequately dealt with... I have no idea. BUT, the second we all had a chance to smile at the proverbial light at the end of that-there tunnel, we're fed a healthy dose of racism, complete with rioting in urban areas where countless millions of dollars have been invested over the past 20-years.
  1. Fear sells.
  2. Sell a life-threatening virus story.
  3. Amp it up.
  4. Pandemic, motherfuckers.
  5. ???
  6. Profit.
  7. Not as much profit as desired.
  8. Race riots.
  9. ???
  10. Profit more.
  11. Elect tehBiden.
  12. ???
  13. Feel good about profiting even more.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
A really good point was made I am surprised I didn't think of. During covid-mania, people were like:

"you're an ass if you want to go to work or go outside or visit family you might give someone covaids and then will die, you're so selfish, please self-quarantine"

Cops kill a black man

"OK everyone outside protesting side by side lets jam everyone up together"

Wait, what? What happened to Covid-mania?

181 - 200 of 321 Posts