LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time it was a Toyota Celica GT-S. I know that I shouldn't have wasted my time but this kis would NOT leave me alone. He pestered me for over 10 miles doing the ricer drive-bys then slowing down to fall back ect.. This got very annoying after a while and I couldn't take it :bomb: . So . . . We ended up side by side at a light that continues through on a three lane stright road. He looks over and smiles at me like he's going to school me so I put the window down and ask him "do you really think you can take me?" He responds with "you never know." It looked like a standard 180hp GT-S with at least an aftermarket exhaust. The light turns and he drops the hammer. I roll off in first and bring it to 4K then drop in 2nd and hammer it . I reeled him in like a small fish and blew past him like he tossed out the anchor. I slowed back down to legal speed and he rolled by me (I wish I had a camera) with this look like he just saw E.T.) He must have been sitting on his jaw. I think he dosen't read any car mags and didn't know what I was driving. Oh well! Soneone took a :punch: for breakfast!!!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I like reeling them in. Much more satisfying than leaving them standing at the starting line. Nice kill on a kid who was asking for it.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
The problem with reeling them in is occasionally you get the ones that jump you to abot 45 or 50 and then let off. That really irks me when I know I am coming up on them and about to buzz them. SO I always leave'em in the dust from the get go.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WKDWS6 said:
The problem with reeling them in is occasionally you get the ones that jump you to abot 45 or 50 and then let off. That really irks me when I know I am coming up on them and about to buzz them. SO I always leave'em in the dust from the get go.
You got a point. Then they say they smoked you, hmmmm. Kill 'em all!!!
:punch:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Yes, that is a good point. I had a young lady in a V6 Mustang thinking she "smoked" me off the line because I sat there and let her get two or three lengths out. I wasn't sure she really believed she had holeshot me or what, but the next time we "played" I did not give her that satisfaction.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Doc GTO said:
This time it was a Toyota Celica GT-S. I know that I shouldn't have wasted my time but this kis would NOT leave me alone. He pestered me for over 10 miles doing the ricer drive-bys then slowing down to fall back ect.. This got very annoying after a while and I couldn't take it :bomb: . So . . . We ended up side by side at a light that continues through on a three lane stright road. He looks over and smiles at me like he's going to school me so I put the window down and ask him "do you really think you can take me?" He responds with "you never know." It looked like a standard 180hp GT-S with at least an aftermarket exhaust. The light turns and he drops the hammer. I roll off in first and bring it to 4K then drop in 2nd and hammer it . I reeled him in like a small fish and blew past him like he tossed out the anchor. I slowed back down to legal speed and he rolled by me (I wish I had a camera) with this look like he just saw E.T.) He must have been sitting on his jaw. I think he dosen't read any car mags and didn't know what I was driving. Oh well! Soneone took a :punch: for breakfast!!!
Nice one.........it amazes me how these people think they can beat a Goat.....

·
GTOrgasm
385 Posts
Maybe we should start letting them win a run then challenge them for MONEY.. then not only waste them but line our pockets too.

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
Yeah just watch out for 240s :punch: :shiner: lol

·
GTOrgasm
385 Posts
yeah, I read about him. I think we have a smarter breed of Ricer here in SC.. none of them even mess with the GTO.

·
1994 Toyota Supra
2,586 Posts
SCGoatMan said:
yeah, I read about him. I think we have a smarter breed of Ricer here in SC.. none of them even mess with the GTO.
They are closet muscle heads, just not wanting to give in all the way yet.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
welcome to last summer

·
GTOrgasm
385 Posts
LOL I didn't even notice.. I just looked at the newest posts thingy and it was there.... guess someone else suckered me in.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
The only thing fun about Celica GT-S is you can rev em out to 8000rpm, beyond that, they handle like a go kart, everything interior wise is wannabe corvette, and worst of all they are annoying to work on.

·
ZL1.....Ready Now!!
352 Posts
Great Kill................Screw Toyota! :p << Is this where the smiley goes?

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
Doc I do believe you would have some fun down here in tampa:driving:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^I'm sure I would.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts