LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally performed my spoiler delete. I REALLY hate the idea of buying a $30k car and then taking a ratchet to it, but it was really bothering me.

On a side note, the paint is really annoying me. I think this is going to turn out to be the single biggest frustration with this car. You touch it, you scratch it. Period. I added several small scratches to my trunk lid in removing the spoiler. It seems like there is no clear coat on it at all, or at least that it is so thin and soft that it might as well not be there. It's inevitable, this car is going to look like crap in a couple of years. The paint issue is a part of my biggest frustration with this car: All of the big, important things are GREAT: Great engine, great comfort, great to drive, great looks. But so many little DETAILS are screwed up: ultra-sensitive paint, non-deletable spoiler, lack of dead pedal, tiny trunk...and on and on. This car could have and should have been close to perfect, instead of just pretty good. But I still love the Goat anyway. It just frustrates me that they let so many details slide.

Anyway, here are some pics of my spoilerless Goat. I'm off to Kragen to try to find something to plug my butt holes :gr_jest:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts