LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the clarity of the GTO unit but it seems to lack some power. I'm having a set of punch 10 inch subs and a rockford fosgate amp installed on Thursday. The kid at ultimate electronics just about creamed his pants when I told him it was for an 04 GTO. I had to give him a ride to calm him down. Anyone else done any stereo mods yet?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
No mod's here. I did realize that there is very little difference in volume between 35 and 62 where mine stops going up. I was a tad bit disappointed, although I will be able to live with it I think.
Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean "35 and 62" ? I don't see any volume numbers on mine??

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
No mod's here. I did realize that there is very little difference in volume between 35 and 62 where mine stops going up. I was a tad bit disappointed, although I will be able to live with it I think.
Dan
That's because you have the distortion control on. Turn it off once and try it again. BUT, be careful, with distortion off and volume high leads to that problem some have been having when the radio kicks off.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
My recollection is that the all of the radio options were turned off, but I'll check again - I could be wrong. Most everything in my DIC was defaulted off when I got my car.
Dan

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
My recollection is that the all of the radio options were turned off, but I'll check again - I could be wrong. Most everything in my DIC was defaulted off when I got my car.
Dan
I'll bet you find it on. I was amazed at the difference when I turned it off, but then, that is also when the radio started cutting out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. Installation complete and what a difference. Now it sounds like it should have. Great clear sound and some kick a$$ bass and depth to go with it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How did you attach a new amp and subs to the stock unit? did you put a crossover in there somewhere to pull the bass signals off to the subs, or is that already done on the stock stereo?

Personally, I like the quality of the sound, but it just doesn't have the bone jarring volume that I need to properly listen to Master of Puppets.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
chris_wiz said:
Personally, I like the quality of the sound, but it just doesn't have the bone jarring volume that I need to properly listen to Master of Puppets.
:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts