LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You are getting close to needing that roll bar.

:drink::drink:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tails said:
You are getting close to needing that roll bar.
That's the plan. :secret: :) We'll see if I can do it all-motor on Friday night.

Padre

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Padre you will be in the 11's soon. Great video as always.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
PadreGTO said:
That's the plan. :secret: :) We'll see if I can do it all-motor on Friday night.

Padre
The weather will be great for SDR Lows b/t 54-60 degrees and no rain!

Doc

·
Banned
915 Posts
I see younhave long 1 3/4 headers. Some people have 1 5/8 short headers. Why the difference. Why would I want a long vs a short and viceversa. What is the purpose? How that difference affects performance? If you change headres, exhaust and air induction do you have to reprogram the cars PCM?

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
adearmas said:
I see younhave long 1 3/4 headers. Some people have 1 5/8 short headers. Why the difference. Why would I want a long vs a short and viceversa. What is the purpose? How that difference affects performance? If you change headres, exhaust and air induction do you have to reprogram the cars PCM?
Generally speaking, Short Tube Headers will produce more upper RPM power than Long Tube Headers, which produce more low end torque...However, the primary tube size of 1-3/4 on the LT vs. the 1-5/8 ST should help the Long Tube Headers outperform Short Tubes accross the entire RPM range...In theory, of course.

BTW - Nice work, Padre...I must have replayed that video a dozen times before pausing.....and playing it a dozen more :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Padre you are the best man of the cloth I have ever seen :burnout:
Time to change your avatar line to GOD SPEED :gr_jest:

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Nice launch... and I love the sound of your exhaust!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts