LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
I like 'em! Have you looked at the Torque Thrust IIs (also american racing, I believe)? Badass and very reminiscent of the old GTO wheels of yesteryear. I just got my stock rims chromed so I'll be keeping those for a while...

·
Wife hated it
314 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Any opinion on these, good or bad?

Thank you!

Jim
The spoke-ends are too busy.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
993rs said:
The spoke-ends are too busy.
I don't like fake things. Fake bolts on wheels have always bugged me.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I agree fake bolts are no good. The wheel looks nice though. I would like to see some Torque thrust wheels for the GTO or even very close. I think some american style muscle car wheels would add some brawn to the goat.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
I agree, get rid of the flare and bolts at the end of the spoke.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I like them but...that little logo in the middle suggests to me that they are heavy. Are these things cast?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
I like them. What sizes are they available in?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOWILL said:
I like them. What sizes are they available in?
I went over to AR's website and found that they aren't officially offered in any offsets to fit the GTO. Me thinks that Gravana Jim has a custom deal in the works.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Adam4356 said:
I agree fake bolts are no good. The wheel looks nice though. I would like to see some Torque thrust wheels for the GTO or even very close. I think some american style muscle car wheels would add some brawn to the goat.
I'd love some TorqueThrust II's

·
Gentlemen, behold!
160 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
the torque thrust wheels are foose wheels.... at least from what i was told...
They are not. They're made by American Racing. They're a copy of the Halibrand 5-spoke. American Racing copied them decades ago and undercut Halibrand's pricing and made them the most popular aftermarket wheel in history.

-Chris

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Jim,

What's the deal with these? I'd definitely be interested in a set if the price was right.

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I have to agree, I'd buy them if they aren't priced out of the market. They look good to me. When can you get them and how much are they going to cost us?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I'll go ahead and photoshop these on a goat later tonight if I remember.

Edit: here it is... I have a high rez version of this vehicle photoshopped into pieces so I can easily edit things like wheels, etc on it.

Looks good to me!

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
nice photochop! Looks good to me! Jim, let us know if these become available!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Thanks, i'm one step below an expert. I've all but mastered chopping things like this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts