LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found an outlet still selling GoPro Hero3 cameras (black edition) at a great price. The current Hero3+ (black edition) has pretty much the same stats but costs a lot more.

Is there any way to justify another $120 to get the latest and greatest version? Both are new. I've read some vague statements that the focal length on the 3+ version was changed which tends to make distant focus a little more fuzzy. For auto applications the focus is typically down the road a ways so this may be a concern.

Another thing I want is good low light performance. Both are rated at "pro" (whatever that means) in low light performance but I've no idea what that really means. How good are they at low light performance? My old Hero HD 960 is not good at low light at all.

Anyone know anything more concrete or have any personal experience between the two?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Hero3 is supposed to have better low light capture.

It has wifi which is a giant Plus. On my hero 2 you need all these accessories to make it perfect.

With the 3, you need nothing. Download the free app on your phone and you can stream a live feed from whatever the gopro is seeing. Great for getting good angles before actual recording.

I had both and the 3 is worth it. Walmart has them on sale for like 180.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts