LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone?

Looking for one that has some cooling vents or one that keeps the crank from splashing though the oil to reduce friction and resistence.

·
keep it simple
2,098 Posts
Good luck a guy here needed an oil pan for an 05 and could not find anything. I don't know how that turned out the last I heard he was thinking welder. do a search and it may come up.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
LS7's are a dry sump

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
We've been running Stef's pans for a long time in our race engines. They do work!

I know Stefs has Monaro specific aluminum racing oil pans available. I did a quick check with them and they are running around $695 and I can get them fabricated in about three weeks.

Now... caveat here... These are Monaro specific so there is no actual confirmation that these pans will fit our GTOs. Can't say they "shouldn't" fit but I'm not going to say in public they are a direct replacement in a GTO. You just never know!

Ed

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
SLO GTO said:
anyone?

Looking for one that has some cooling vents or one that keeps the crank from splashing though the oil to reduce friction and resistence.
Cooling vents?? Why not add a real oil cooler?

What makes you think that "the crank splashes through the oil"? It doesn't.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
Scooter70 said:
Cooling vents?? Why not add a real oil cooler?

What makes you think that "the crank splashes through the oil"? It doesn't.
Yeah....Correct me if I'm wrong but LSx engines allready have windage trays,oil srapers and oil pan baffling.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
Harrop has a sump system, but its $$$, I know Tony at Autoform looked into ordering one for my car at one point but it was a little too rich for my blood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts