LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't seem like anyone makes aftermarket shroud/fan setups. Anyone know of any..

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
jcain said:
Doesn't seem like anyone makes aftermarket shroud/fan setups. Anyone know of any..
The Procharger one is different... LOL

But yeah, I am probably going to have a custom fan setup made for my car when it goes away!

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
jcain said:
selling ATI and dont have my stock setup.. :(
Me neither... I looked for it but apparently I left it at the shop when they instlaled the procharger.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I have had verry good luck with flex-a-lite. Have a set of twin 12" fans on my sb s/c s truck. Never over heated. Also had a set on my monte carlo with decent power. Not plug in, but could fit, and be wired in easialy.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I feel spal makes the best on the market. about $179.00 from ebay.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I will probably do a custom twin fan setup with SPAL or Flex. So far in my previous experience the Flex was great... but that was only cooling a big power Honda.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
As I see it. As long as your radiator is big enough, and you have the right thermostate. The fan just needs to be big enough to move air equaling the hole surface area of the radiator. Twin 12" fans set at 165* off temp, should not have any problems.

Had a really bad overheating problem in my monte. Took the belt driven fan off, and added a flex, and never had another problem. Even with the a/c running on a 90* day. No more problems.

his may have just been a bunch of crap to some of you. Just giving my opinion.

·
wreaking havoc everywhere
247 Posts
let me know if you guys are selling a stock fan assembly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts