LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really looking to upgrade the sways along with the bushings soon, but sway support seems to be lagging.

I saw RMR has some listed on website but no ETA or pricing yet.

The sway of the car, especially the nose, is my biggest complaint. While shocks and springs would help, I do not want to lower the car, as suspension travel is needed going across the Woodrow Wilson POTHOLE bridge daily.

Stiffer springs with stock height would be next choice, but thats rare these days.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
I haven't found any as yet. Changing the rear bar would help with understeer, but make for a bit more tail rotation, so I would prefer to do both front and rear. I have the Eibach springs on the way now, supposed to only lower by .8". Soon as I get them I will get some before and after pics/measurements.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Alexandria-GTO said:
Really looking to upgrade the sways along with the bushings soon, but sway support seems to be lagging.

I saw RMR has some listed on website but no ETA or pricing yet.

The sway of the car, especially the nose, is my biggest complaint. While shocks and springs would help, I do not want to lower the car, as suspension travel is needed going across the Woodrow Wilson POTHOLE bridge daily.

Stiffer springs with stock height would be next choice, but thats rare these days.
I should have my Intrax Sways (front and rear, along with springs) by end of October/November, and they should be available retail by December/January.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
A friend of mine works at Intrax, I wonder if he can give me the lowdown on anything they are working up for the GTO and the specs on their springs to compare with Eibach.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
CSiJason said:
A friend of mine works at Intrax, I wonder if he can give me the lowdown on anything they are working up for the GTO and the specs on their springs to compare with Eibach.
They should. They are the ones who supplied Rhys Millen and RMR with their springs and bars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No hotchkis yet? I have a combo Hotkis sways and Bilstein shocks on my Durango and they really work well in conjunction, especially for an SUV which has notorious body roll.

Sombody should write to hotkis and ask them if they're in development.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I shot my friend a PM to see what he says. I'll probably find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Guys, posts pics of this stuff. I'm real interested in upgrading the suspension for auto-x and I'm new at this stuff. Any info you provide will be helpfull.

2cool, .8" isn't much but there isn't a lot of clearance for tires now. Any concern for this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts