LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, so it make the exhasut single outlet and uses the rh side of the exhaust for the plumbed waste gate?

How much are we looking at for a 2005/2006 kit?

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
Seems like a stupid design to me...but thats just my opinion. Looks like running with muffs and cats isn't an option with the turbo being at the end of the exhaust. I plan on running catless when I upgrade, but without mufflers might be a little too much for me.

That air filter looks like it is almost asking to suck water, snow, salt, road debris, etc. But if you're like me and most goat owners, your car is never driven in those conditions, so I guess you wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6.0gto_noob said:
Seems like a stupid design to me...but thats just my opinion. Looks like running with muffs and cats isn't an option with the turbo being at the end of the exhaust. I plan on running catless when I upgrade, but without mufflers might be a little too much for me.

That air filter looks like it is almost asking to suck water, snow, salt, road debris, etc. But if you're like me and most goat owners, your car is never driven in those conditions, so I guess you wouldn't have to worry about it.

yeah my car doesnt see any weather other than sunny and 60+

·
Quest for 10's Continues!
3,561 Posts
I don't know about it on an '05/'06 GTO but I had an STS kit on my '00 Trans Am with Long Tubes and FMIC. The car was pretty loud without a muffler, but once that turbo spooled up the sound was incredible! Performace wise it was good for 416/416 on 5psi non-intercooled boost!! It surely is a fun kit to have and I imagine it would just as badass on the GTO. . .

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
6.0gto_noob said:
Yeah I'm not fond of the design either. They boast all the benefits to it but I don't know if I buy in. It contradicts what every other turbo company does and I've never seen a setup like it run on any type of pro car.

On the flip side they do seem to produce some good numbers.

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
1,527 Posts
STS works. There is some lag on the spool due to the distance from the engine to turbo, but power is there. The fastest GTO 1/4 mi times are STILL from STS powered cars FWIW.

When we built my 2005 out of a 2004 kit, we plumbed the wastegate from the wastegate [at the back on the '04 kit] to the other exhaust. STS simply moved the wastegate up front on the '05+ design.

Plenty of info around here. BTW, it is a very easy installation. My GenTT is taking a bit more work...but ought to be worth it in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts